Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Sep 2007 07:44:14 BDT
Pale Rider, believe me, I don't exactly travel in celebrity circles! So, no, I'm not a "friend of Eric's," and after reading this book, uh, I wouldn't want to be! Even though Pattie is quite kind to him (she really is a gracious person), he still comes off as monstrous.

If you re-read my review, you'll see I gave the book 4 stars and recommended it.

I agree with you that this is, at its essence, an inspirational story and Pattie is a survivor indeed. To me, the real value of this book is seeing Pattie ditch her role as codependent and abuse victim and build a happy new life for herself. Quite a feat, considering she suffered abuse going all the way back to her miserable childhood.

I think Pattie is a fantastic person, but yes, I'm disappointed in the book. But I fault Pattie's cowriter, not Pattie. I'm sorry that after reading Wonderful Today I don't feel I now understand Pattie more fully. (I neglected to mention my other big beef re: Junor: this book jumps around in time too much; at times, it's hard to be certain which year it is, etc.)

Again, I would love to see a film based on this book; I'd love to see Pattie's story told with more detail and vibrancy. I certainly respect Pattie's right to not divulge any especially ugly moments in graphic detail (she's had enough pain), but I do wish she'd shared more.

Once again, I DO recommend this book. Despite its faults, it's great to see the lovely woman at the center of this epic rock story make her voice be heard at long last, after letting two powerful men define her for so many years.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  4 Sep 2007
Latest post:  4 Sep 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Wonderful Today: The Autobiography of Pattie Boyd
Wonderful Today: The Autobiography of Pattie Boyd by Pattie Boyd (Hardcover - 23 Aug. 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars (58)