Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from XCover - UK £14.67
- XCover's Product Protection provides coverage for a large range of products. Product Protection expands and extends the warranty from the manufacturer and covers damages, stains, mechanical/electrical breakdowns, cracks and other types of damage that aren’t covered elsewhere.
- XCover will arrange a technician to repair your product from our mail-in service or in your home or we’ll either replace it or reimburse you with a payment into any bank account worldwide.
- Fully digital claim process backed by 24/7 multilingual call centre, easy online claim filing and instant payment of approved claims. XCover aims to complete 95% of claims and settle payments within 3 days.
- This policy does not cover any loss or damages sustained during transit to your address, any pre-existing damage or general wear and tear, any cosmetic damage or any policy excess.
- Cancel anytime within 45 days of the estimated shipping date for a full refund. Cover is for UK residents who are over 18 years old. For a full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms and conditions by following the link(s) provided. Please note that another insurance product which has different terms might be available on our website when accessed on a laptop or desktop PC.
Sony WF-1000XM3 Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic, up to 32H battery life, stable Bluetooth connection, wearing detection with Alexa built-in - Silver
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Model name||Sony WF-1000XM3 Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, up to 32H battery life, stable Bluetooth connection, wearing detection See more|
|Noise control||Sound Isolation|
|Cable feature||Without Cable|
|Item weight||17 Grams|
|Control type||Voice Control|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Industry-leading noise cancellation* to block out unnecessary ambient noise (*As of June 1st 2019. According to research by Sony Corporation, measured using JEITA-compliant guidelines in Truly Wireless style noise cancelling headphones market)
- Up to 8H battery life per single charge + additional 3 charges from carrying case
- Stable Bluetooth connection. Frequency Response (Bluetooth communication): 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)
- Ergonomic Tri-hold Structure for secure fitting
- Alexa built-in devices let you instantly connect to Alexa to play music, control your smart home, get information, news, weather, and more using just your voice.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Compare with similar items
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.5 x 2 x 2 cm; 17 Grams
- Date First Available : 5 July 2019
- Manufacturer : Sony
- ASIN : B07T3HHM55
- Item model number : WF1000XM3S.CE7
- Country of origin : Malaysia
- Delivery information:: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.
- Best Sellers Rank: 335 in In-Ear Headphones
- Customer reviews:
From the manufacturer
Only music. Nothing else.
Put the outside world on hold. With Digital Noise Cancelling technology and a truly wireless design, WF-1000XM3 offer a smart listening experience. Adaptive sound control and an ergonomic design mean superior sound quality and a comfortable fit whatever you're doing.
Dual noise sensor technology
Dual microphones on the surface of the headphones capture ambient noise from your surroundings and, through feed-forward and feed-back, reduce it so you can focus on whatever you are listening to.
HD noise cancelling processor QN1e
The multi-talented HD Noise Cancelling processor combines Digital Noise Cancelling, a Digital to Analogue Converter and 24bit Audio Signal Processing to catch ambient sound and cancel out significantly more noise across all frequencies. Low power consumption means more time to listen to your music.
How does noise cancelling work?
Dual microphones, one feed-forward and one feed-back, on the surface of both earbuds detect and catch ambient sound. Once sound is recognised the QN1e processor gets to work and cancels it out.
How long will the battery last?
You have up to 24 hours listening time with noise cancelling on. The headphones offer 6 hours of power and the handy charging case provides an extra 3 full charges. Battery life for each charge is extended up to 8 hours when noise cancelling is off.
What is Smart Listening?
Smart listening means that the headphones react to your environment and adjust to the sound around you to cancel it out. WF-1000XM3 also react to you and can detect whether you're wearing one or both headphones and adapts the playback accordingly.
Can I take calls using my earbuds?
Yes. Handsfree calling is easy with WF-1000XM3. You can use one or both earbuds to take calls and the headphones will deliver clear voice quality and sound.
Can I change the music volume from the earbuds?
Yes, you can customise touch controls and assign different commands to each earbud using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
How they compare with other Sony noise cancelling earbuds
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having recently purchased a set of the awesome full cup WH-1000MX3's I was interested to perform a side by side test of both -especially in regard to the noise cancelling abilities of these new ear buds.
As expected they arrive in premium packaging with a comprehensive set of easy to follow diagrammatical set up instructions. Before initial use you are instructed to fully charge both the headphones and their case which takes around three hours. Each earpiece magnetically snaps into position within the charging case and both emit a red light whilst charging (as does the case itself). Once the charging case is charged it does a super fast job of recharging the headphones - from 20% to full in around 40 minutes.
For best performance you will need to install the Sony Headphones app to your device. This app allows to tweak the headphones to your personal sound preferences and even has an equaliser. You're also able to change and set the functions of the touch sensors on each of the headphones.
When the headphones are charged, open the headphone app on your device and remove the headphones from their charge case. The will automatically switch on and as you insert them into your ears you will get a verbal confirmation that the bluetooth pairing was successful once established.
The headphones are supplied with a generous set off seven different latex buds, so every size of ear canal is catered for. It's vital to get the correct fit for your ear. Too small and they will quickly come loose and fall out; too tight and they won't be going in far enough and you'll prevent them from delivering their optimum sound. The fit is comfortable and with the correct latex bud fitted they stay put with no movement.
Currently these can only be used with Google Assistant; Siri or Alexa are not supported. By removing either of the headphones from you ear automatically pauses the sound being played back, and reinserting starts the playback from where it was paused. Call quality is top notch both in the sound of the caller and the way you sound to them.
Once activated the ANC is extremely impressive and I was unable to distinguish very little difference between these and the full cup WH-!000's.
So, to the all important sound test. I use a playlist from Amazon Music I've compiled to test headphones, basically a broad spectrum of old and new, vocal, bass heavy, classical, R&B and rock. My only ssue on listening (and it was a major issue) was that at even full volume (streamed from my P20Pro), they didn't sound loud; nowhere near loud enough in fact.
There is no way to control the volume on the headphones and this is done solely on your device. I even tried to get a bit of extra 'oomph' using an app I have called PowerAmp and even using this, the sound delivery was less than I was expecting. The actual quality of the sound delivery doesn't disappoint and is excellent, vocals are warm and smooth and bass is punchy, but I couldn't help but thinking how much better they would sound if they were substantially louder. My son also insisted I do a side by side comparison of his Jabra Elite 65's, which, although without ANC, in his opinion was that they sounded better, and begrudgingly I had to concede that they did.
In conclusion, a bittersweet experience. I love everything about the WF-1000MX3's. The ANC technology works supremely well, battery life is a good 6 hours (32 without ANC on - but why would you?), the user interface is straight forward and the Sony Headphone app is the best when compared against Jabra and Bose.
If you simply must have ANC earbud headphones, but loud and punchy isn't high on your list of priorities. then these are for you. However, their current price of £219.00 is more than I'd be prepared to pay for earbuds and for that extra expense I'd go for the full cup, far punchier and better sounding WH1000MX3's.
They can't be charged without their case, which is slightly smaller than a cigarette packet. So you'll need to have that with you as well as a cable - USB-C connection to the case which allows for quicker charging, and to be fair they do last for a good while on a charge. For some reason the left bud always seemed to run out before the right one. The right would still be showing a couple of bars, while the left was spent.
Controls are minimal, with a left tap to cycle the noise cancelling modes, a right tap for pause and a double tap to answer phone calls. Volume is controlled from your phone.
They make a big deal of working with Google Assistant, but doesn't every set of ear buds or headsets with a microphone do that?
You need to download an app to use them but they work pretty seamlessly after that.
Sound quality is fine - they're tiny little ear buds so the sound is never going to be amazing but for what they are the sound is as good as I've heard when dealing with such a relatively lightweight item.
You cycle through the noise cancelling modes by tapping the left ear bud and in general work okay, but definitely not completely. It's summer and I'm often sitting with a fan next to me and that really seemed to cause them problems, clearly exacerbated by one or other of the earbuds wanting to throw itself from my ear every few minutes. Fan noise seemed to cause a weird mechanical susurration .
Afraid to say I quickly abandoned these. However good the technology is they're no use to me if I have to apply superglue to wear them.