Colour Name: Black|Change

on 14 December 2012
I brought these earphones first from an HMV store and I loved them, I lost that set while at uni so I decided to buy the exact same ones from Amazon. They have a good balance between Bass and treble, they fit my ears perfectly and don't full out, they are louder and have a lot more clarity than my Apple Earpods and are also a lot more comfortable as well! I wear these on my daily commute through the London Underground and they feature good noise isolation and background noise cancellation, I only wear one earphone when i'm commuting so I don't miss any announcements but when I do put both in, I hear nothing but my music, the world around is completely drowned out. I've had these earphones for over 4 months and they are still in perfect condition, the cable hasn't tangled or become damaged in anyway, the earphones are quite sturdy and durable. They do come with different size ear pieces so there should be a size for everyone.

Unlike another reviewer said about the cable length, I find the 1.2m more than enough, the Y-shaped cable I find is great, I really don't like the L-shaped ones they annoy me a bit, the Y-shaped cable is simple and effective and comfortable.

I wouldn't think twice about buying these earphones again [hopefully I won't lose my current ones], if your looking for comfort, good sound quality, sturdy build and a fair price definitely go for these, you won't be disappointed.
on 20 October 2014
Bought these for running in, just popped them in upside down and looped the wire around my ears and off I went.
Sound is excellent, for the price I'm not sure you could get better earphones.
cable does get tangled in my bag occasionally but otherwise one of the most robust sets of earphones I've had for running in.
on 22 October 2015
They have a good sound quality (because they are made by Sony) but they aren't the most comfortable pair that Sony have available. They have a habit of only producing the clearest of sounds when shoved violently into the ear. Eventually they wiggle their way out and just about stay in producing a listenable sound but with defining features missing, such as less bass and less noticeable quieter instruments.
They are made of plastic, which is lovely and light and their bodies are ever so slightly larger than some of their other earphones, I like ones that hide themselves away.
They are cheaper and there ware a lot worse models out there for the same or even higher prices (Betron, Boca), but you can get a far better pair os Sony's for a pound less, from a high street retailer.
on 29 January 2014
For the price, these are absolutely amazing!!! So happy i bought a pair for my boyfriend!! Sound quality and comfort is brilliant.
on 2 April 2016
I have purchased several different Sony headphones over the last 15 years.
They have always exceeded my expectations. I was assuming the same exceptional performance with this recent purchase. However I am disappointed with them. I have a pair of JVC headphones which were not as expensive as the Sony and they are superior. I am puzzled by the quality of this product and wonder whether Sony have compromised their exceptional quality for cost considerations?
on 15 November 2014
Originally I purchased this from amazon and it got lost in transit. They refunded me the money. Months later, I saw it elsewhere and bought it. I'm not impressed with it. Very thin rubber, I'm suspecting that it might not be so durable. There is no volume controller on the wiring, requiring the user to control the volume and play/stop directly on their phone.

For the price and name I was expecting it to have volume control as a basic feature. I only just started using it so I don't know how many more months or weeks it will last. Hey, maybe it's strong point might be in it durability, only time will tell.
on 20 January 2016
With two months of use, the left earpiece no longer works. Upon careful examination, I noticed the wire at the base of the left earpiece was slightly loose, where the right one was firmly in place. Really disappointed. I only used them when I went running so not like they went through the proverbial ringer. I normally always get Sony headphones for the sound quality and they are one of the few that fit my ears comfortably, but the last three pairs of Sony headphones I've had have broken in a matter of months, all with the same problem; the wire comes loose from one of the earpieces. I had a great pair of Creative Labs headphones that came with my Vision M back in the day that lasted two years, they were amazing. These ones are clearly not built to last.
on 14 March 2015
Really good small earphones, good quality sound, ok noise cancelation and are coming with 3 different sizes earbuds. HoWever, the negatives are that are not really yellow but more towards green, are not coming with a pouch not even with a little holding fish for the cable.
on 23 March 2015
These earphones just died like a few hours ago and I must say that they are amazing while they work. They lasted me 2 years... Well just shy of 2 years narrowly missing there second birthday.

The sound quality is amazing, the build quality is immaculate with each ear fitting your ear comfortably.

The wire is long enough so that is you can use them without stretching the wire, but short enough so it doesn't dangle and look ridiculous.

It comes with different sized ear soles that will fit most ears.

I highly recommend these.
on 25 December 2015
Love these earphones. I must have funny shape ears as all others fall out, these stay where they are meant too.
Sound is decent for the price. Just be careful you won't hear the outside world when you've got them in, the music doesn't have to be on either for that.