- Also check our best rated Av Receiver reviews
Sony STRDH520 AV Receiver - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Power Output (8 ohms, 1kHz, THD 1%, 1ch driven) 115W x 7
- Sub Woofer X`Over 17 points (40-200Hz)
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Power Output (8 ohms, 1kHz, THD 1%, 1ch driven) 115W x 7 Number of amp. channels 7ch Bi-AMP NO Speaker Impedance Switch (4 Ohm 8 Ohm) NO (8 Ohm only) DSP Falcon1.1 Sub Woofer X`Over 17 points (40-200Hz) Analog Direct YES Speaker Selector A Speaker Terminal Front(Screw) / Others(Push) Advanced Auto Volume YES Night Mode YES Sound Optimizer NO
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But the simple single significant snag is that the digital and analogue parts are completely separate. You can't use this to get an analogue composite video input onto an HDMI screen, or listen to analogue audio while watching a digital picture, or vice versa. That part of the system is missing, and cannot be added outside. or internally. Hence the low price. Caveat emptor.
one thing to be aware of is the analogue video inputs are not upscaled to hdmi.
Also delighted to be no longer constantly using the TV remote to change the input from Humax to PS3 etc - just push one of the input buttons on the amp remote & my Sony TV changes to that source.
Things to note:
- the initial one-off setup is all done on the LED display on the amp itself, not on the TV (I think the next model up (820 for £249) has set-up on screen?)
- you do need to read the manual to select your speaker mode & auto-calibrate distances, but simple enough to follow the steps - took longer to wire-in speakers than the two setup stages
- front left & right 5.1 surround speakers need to be connected to 'the posts' screw-in connectors on the rear, not the push-spring connectors (which are for extra 7.1 speakers, DOH!)
- you will need an active powered subwoofer and a connecting single phono-type lead, a passive non-powered sub will not work
- thinner speaker cable is better, as the holes to connect into are quite small - QED Micro worked perfectly for me
Most recent customer reviews
on my tv with dvd ,...Read more
The product itself is good & "does what it says on the tin".Read more