- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.40 delivery
+ FREE delivery
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Sony SEL35F14Z E Mount - Full Frame Distagon T* 35mm F1.4 Zeiss Lens
|Price:||£1,299.00 FREE delivery.|
|You Save:||£201.00 (13%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ZEISS 35mm Full Frame wide-angle prime lens
- ZEISS T anti-reflective coating minimises flare
- Direct Drive SSM for quiet, highly precise focus lens control
- Circular 9-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects. Dust an moisture registant design
- Maximum magnification ratio is 0.18x. Angle of view for APS-C is 44 degree
- Compatibility : E-mount Full Frame Cameras, E-mount APS-C cameras
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Sony SEL55F18Z.AE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens - Black
Sony SEL E Mount 50F14Z Zeiss Planar T FE 50 mm 1.4 ZA Lens - Black
Sony SEL35F28Z E Mount Full Frame Sonar T 35 mm F2.8 Zeiss Prime Lens - Black
Sony SEL85F14GM E Mount - Full Frame 85mm F1.4 G Master Lens, Black
Samyang 35 mm F1.4 Autofocus Lens for Sony FE - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||£4.20||FREE Shipping||£4.07||£4.58||£4.33|
|Item Dimensions||7.86 x 11.2 x 12.6 cm||7.05 x 6.44 x 6.44 cm||10.8 x 8.35 x 8.35 cm||3.65 x 3.65 x 6.2 cm||—||13 x 13.5 x 18 cm|
|Item Weight||0.63 kg||281 grams||0.78 kg||0 grams||0.82 kg||0.65 kg|
|Max Focal Length||35 mm||35 mm||50||35 mm||85||35|
|Min Focal Length||35 mm||35 mm||50||35 mm||85||35|
|Mounting Type||Sony E||Sony E||Sony||Sony E||Sony||Sony|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
In addition to being a great choice for snapshots and landscapes, this bright F1.4 35mm full-frame ZEISS Distagon lens facilitates handheld shooting indoors in low light, as well as night scenes. Shallow depth of field at larger apertures and a 9-blade circular aperture design make it easy to create smooth background bokeh for portraits or bridal snapshots. There's a whole spectrum of imagery that only a large F1.4 aperture can create. A minimum focusing distance of 30cm makes it useful for shooting images of flowers and similar subjects as well.
From the manufacturer
Sharp and clear from corner to corner
Three aspherical elements, including Sony AA (advanced aspherical) technology and ZEISS T coating, combine in a state-of-the-art optical path to effectively compensate for aberration and achieve corner-to-corner sharpness. That sharpness is maintained even at maximum aperture so optical performance is consistent at all exposure settings.
For low-light shooting and smooth bokeh
The F1.4 maximum aperture of this lens makes it easy to capture clear images in low light, even when shooting handheld. A 9-blade circular aperture design enhances its capability for appealing background bokeh when desired. Smooth bokeh can make subjects stand out in images with deep dimensional impact.
Colour and contrast
Zeiss lenses are renowned for their colour reproduction and contrast. The Zeiss T coating is an important contributing factor, effectively suppressing spurious reflections that can degrade overall image quality. Flare and ghosting are reduced for enhanced colour and contrast that give images a deep, three-dimensional feel.
DDSSM delivers quiet focus speed and precision
A DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) system is used for precision positioning of the heavy focus group required for the full-frame format, allowing precision focusing even within the lens’s shallow depth of field. The DDSSM drive system is also remarkably quiet, making it ideal for shooting movies where focus is constantly changing while the scene is being recorded.
High reliability in harsh conditions
The lens features a dust and moisture resistant design that ensures reliable operation for professional use in harsh conditions.
Optimised for movies as well as stills
This lens is designed for moviemaking as well as for still photography. An aperture ring with switchable clicks can be turned On for tactile feedback when shooting stills or Off for smooth, quiet operation when shooting movies. It also features minimal focus breathing, an essential quality for movie shooting.
Customers also shopped for
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For the price this is unacceptable.
2) Though this lens is known to be somewhat sharp in the centre at 1.4 (if you get a good copy), the Sigma is sharper. The "look" of photographs taken by this lens compared to the sigma is more pleasing. The canon 35mm 1.4 II is the best 35mm sharpness/QC/look wise.
Months later, I had the urge to purchase this lens again. On reflection, was it bad luck that I tried 4 lenses that were soft on the right side? I've come to the conclusion that this lens is made soft on the right side, as a side effect of having pretty good central sharpness and that zeiss look (excellent for portraits). It's pretty sharp at 1.4, very sharp after. The right side becomes sharp at over f2 or so. I've changed the rating fro 3 to 5 stars as in real world scenarios this lens shines. It produces photographs that are one step beyond the cheaper lenses I have used - because of the character. I picked up my last 35mm 1.4 on auction at £850, though. Not sure I'd purchase it new for £1250 which is what it seems to stay around.
I use this lens with a Sony A6500, both have the latest firmware (lens: '02'; camera '1.04'). For taking pictures this lens is okay in low-light situations but I still believe that it is massively overpriced. If I could return it, I would! However, I found out too late.