Sony RDPV20IP Portable iDoc Speaker - White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Battery Powered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
This attractive spherical dock and speaker produces incredible 360° sound. Place it in the middle of the room and enjoy your music all around it.
Sony RDPV20IP Portable Speaker Dock made for iPod/iPhone
Ultra Portable speaker unit with 360° sound.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They sound great and the bass is surprisingly punchy. The sound easily fills a small to medium size room and the speaker looks really great to boot.
I bought a small bluetooth receiver and can now stream wirelessly from my laptop, in addition to my iPod.
Well, I am so glad I got this lovely little thing instead. Not only it looks like something out of Star Trek (and it would definitely not be out of place in Leonard and Sheldon's living room :-), but it comes with a remote control which the Philips ones don't. Unfortunately the remote is black (it would have been lovely if it matched the device's colour, white for white and red for red!). The sound is, for such a small device, really full and rich, and very crisp. On half-way to max volume, it fills an average-size room with sound. Also, it was unbelievably simple to install; I just plugged it in, slotted the iPod in, pulled the film from the remote, and pressed the power button.
Before buying it, I was unable to find a list of this dock's compatible iPod and iPhone models, so here it is (as of October 2011, according to the product leaflet):
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPod classic
- iPod touch (generations 2, 3 and 4)
- iPod nano (generations 3, 4, 5 and 6).
[But beware, on the 6th generation one, the remote does not work with the Menu, Select and Enter commands... a bit of a pain for me, 'cause that's my nano!]
- no iPads at all
- no iPod shuffle
Other things to know:
- the Bass Boost function seems completely superfluous, to my ear it makes hardly any difference at all - but others might very well find it does. When pressing the Bass Boost button, the sounds cuts off for a fraction of a second, so the transition is not seamless.
- the remote control's buttons are very responsive to touch, and the remote works swiftly and perfectly from every angle.
- the dock comes with a rechargeable battery which has a life of approx. 5 hours of continuous use.
- once slotted in, the Apple device automatically starts to recharge but only if used when the dock is plugged in.
- the attachments that come with the dock (3 plastic fiddly thingies) might be useful but I didn't bother to change to the required one, and I had no problems. I just slotted the nano in, it is safe and sturdy without the help of the attachment)
And, last but not least, the RRP seems to be anything between £149 and £115 so the Amazon price of £45 or less is absolutely fantastic.
I love the portable element of the unit and the style of the dock, whilst also being able to connect a non apple product (I use a Blackberry). A great gift for all ages, great sound and well worth the money!! 5*