- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Sony QX100 Lens Style Camera for Smartphones and Tablets - Black (20.2MP, Carl Zeiss F1.8 Lens, 3.6x Optical Zoom)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A wireless lens for your smartphone with a 20.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and Carl Zeiss optics
- 20.2MP 1.0-type Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Sharp, bright F1.8 ZEISS Sonnar T* lens
- Easy smartphone sharing via NFC One-touch
Visit the Sony QX100 Microsite--Photography for the Smartphone Age
The Sony QX100 turns your smartphone into a high-performance camera. With a simple connection, the wireless lens gives your phone a powerful 3.6x optical zoom and smooth image stabilisation. Visit the Sony QX100 Microsite for more information.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Sony QX100 Lens Style Camera for Smartphones and Tablets - Black (20.2MP, Carl Zeiss F1.8 Lens, 3.6x Optical Zoom)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£2.99|
|Sold By||—||The Outlet Shop||Smart Gear London||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Improved Deals|
|Item Dimensions||5.55 x 6.25 x 6.25 cm||6.25 x 5.56 x 6.25 cm||8.6 x 10.2 x 9 cm||7 x 4.5 x 4.5 cm||6.2 x 6.2 x 20.4 cm||9.5 x 9.5 x 7.3 cm|
|Item Weight||165 grams||179 grams||116 grams||170 grams||—||426 grams|
|Max Focal Length||100 mm||100 mm||50 mm||50 mm||20 mm||70 mm|
|Min Focal Length||28 mm||28 mm||16 mm||50 mm||20 mm||24 mm|
|Mounting Type||Sony QX100||—||Sony E||Sony/Minoltabayonet||Sony E||Sony E|
Sony QX100 Lens Style Camera
At a Glance
- Turn your iPhone or Android smartphone into a high-performance camera -- simply mount the smart lens on to your phone and start shooting
- Get creative with your photography on your smartphone using the wireless freedom of NFC and built-in Wi-Fi
- Capture precision detail, even in low-light, with a large 1.0-type 20.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor
- Take complete control of creative effects using powerful F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* optics with a wide aperture
Click here for a larger image
Click to see what's possible
Get Connected. Go Further. Go Smarter
Looking for a camera with true, professional performance? Try your phone. All you have to do is place the smart lens against any NFC smartphone to make a connection. you have the power and control for some serious photography. [Learn more about this on the microsite]
Connects with Your Smartphone
Transform any iPhone or Android smartphone into a high-performance camera. All you have to do is mount the smart lens to your phone, then you're ready to start shooting like you do with an interchangeable lens camera. It's really that simple. Your smartphone becomes the camera body: use the touchscreen to comfortably shoot and retouch images. You can even share photos with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter. Instantly back-up photos and videos online to keep your captured moments safe. [Discover more on the microsite]
Never Separated by Distance
Have some fun and see what you can do with a smart lens. Place the lens against your NFC smartphone. Once the connection is made, be imaginative and see what's possible. Put the lens down, get in a group shot, then take the picture yourself from your mobile. You don't have an NFC smartphone? No problem. Built-in Wi-Fi gives you wireless freedom too -- your phone and smart lens stay connected even when they're apart. [Learn more about this on the microsite]
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Power and Detail
It's all about the sensor, and bigger is definitely better. Around four times larger than the sensor in many digital cameras, the 1.0-type Exmor CMOS sensor with 20.2 effective megapixels captures detail-packed images with minimum noise even in low light. You have the power of a professional camera on your smartphone. [Experience the optical zoom on the microsite]
Express yourself. The F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens has a wide aperture that allows even more light to enter the camera. It's key to creative effects: sharpen the focus of a subject against a smoothly-blurred background using a round, seven-blade aperture. Meanwhile, powerful 3.6x optical zoom pulls you even closer to the scene. [Learn more about this on the microsite]
Effortless Control with Your Fingertips
Envisage a shot. You have the control to make it happen. Just download the PlayMemories Mobile app to your smartphone to adjust the aperture, exposure, shutter and zoom -- all from your touchscreen. Or use the control ring around the barrel of the smart lens to manually fine-tune the focus and zoom just like the pros. [Learn more about this on the microsite]
Sony Lens Style Camera Comparison Chart
|Image sensor||1/2.3 type Exmor R CMOS 18.2 megapixels (effective, approx)||1/2.3 type Exmor R CMOS 18.2 megapixels (effective, approx)||1.0 type Exmor CMOS 20.2 megapixels (effective, approx)|
|Lens||Sony G Lens||Sony G Lens||Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Maximum aperture F1 8-4.9|
|Optical magnification||10.0x (25.0-250mm)||10.0x (25.0-250mm)||3.6x (28.0-100mm)|
|Movie||MP4, 12Mbps, 1440 x1080 (30p)||MP4, 12Mbps, 1440 x1080 (30p)||MP4, 12Mbps, 1440 x1080 (30p)|
|Image stabilisation (still image)||Optical SteadyShot||Optical SteadyShot||Optical SteadyShot|
|Image stabilisation (active mode, movies)||Optical SteadyShot Active Mode||Optical SteadyShot Active Mode||Optical SteadyShot Active Mode|
|ISO sensitivity (still image)||Auto (ISO 100-12800)||Auto (ISO 100-12800)||Auto (ISO 160-25600)|
|High-speed AF||Yes (When operating shutter button on camera body)||Yes (When operating shutter button on camera body)||Yes (When operating shutter button on camera body)|
Rechargeable battery Pack NP-BN , Micro USB cable, Wrist strap, Smartphone attachment, Instruction manual
Top customer reviews
being able to hold you phone and lens separate makes for some seriously creative photography.
you can get low to the ground or lift the lens above a crowd.
The video is now 1920x1080 @30fps, and because of the high quality Ziess optics is a joy.
Also its in MP4 which means I can shoot and edit with the ipad in a single workflow, making it a great fun camera for a holiday trip.
I am really impressed, all I want now is some creative controls in movie mode and I would give this 6 stars.
Your are getting a large sensor and high quality lens, normally reserved for top end £500+ pro-compacts for much less.
I love it, it has opened all kind of untapped creative doors
Compared to this, cheaper add-ons like the olloclip offer similar creative options, that you're simply more likely to take with you and use. Unless you're specifically looking for higher quality images, I would take a look at that.
I recomend this qx 100 and if rich would buy two.
david evans teush
Though I was intitally alarmed by the lack of instructions, set up is very easy. You attach the lens camera to your smartphone via a clamp - with my iPhone 5 I don't even need to take the case off to do this and the lens is fixed on securely. The two devices connect via wifi. You operate the camera via Sony's PlayMemories app (you can take photos on it manually too, but obviously the phone provides the viewfinder).
What I like about it:
- Image quality is absolutely fantastic, even in poor light. Though this is in no way a replacement for DSLR type cameras, it can produce similar results in certain shooting situations. Photos are sharp with a high level of detail, and it's easy to create a shallow depth of field. If you like dreamy photos with bokeh like I do, then this is definitely something you'll appreciate. This is a powerful lens with a very wide aperture - it packs much more of a punch than any camera you'd find on a smartphone.
- I didn't notice any lag when using this with the iPhone 5. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the software worked whilst taking such high resolution photos.
- The lens doesn't need to be attached to the phone to shoot. It can be mounted onto a tripod or rested on a surface, so the creative opportunities are endless.
- It's so easy to wirelessly transfer the photos to your phone, tablet or computer. The photos can then be edited in your favourite apps and shared in whichever way you like without any hassle.
What I don't like so much:
- The app itself is a bit limited at the moment. You can't shoot manually or in RAW, though the Aperture Priority mode works nicely. I do believe that there will be less limitations going forward. It probably won't be necessary to use the Sony app to shoot photos. Camera360 have already announced that they'll be intergrating with the QX10 and QX100, and other apps are set to follow.
- I would recommend that if you're shooting images at full 20MP resolution that you stop the photos being saved to your phone automatically, as these are huge files and eat up memory. When I copied photos from the device to my phone it did it over 3G too. It would be costly if I'd not noticed it doing that straight away, so now I turn mobile data off when copying over my photos.
- It does seem to drain the iPhone battery, though I'd expect this. You're also worrying about two batteries rather than one since the QX100 will require charging after every 200 shots or so.
- It's heavy and feels heavy on the phone... much less heavy than carrying a DSLR around though!
All in all, I'm really pleased with this camera. It does take a bit of getting used to but it's well worth it. I definitely think that this will appeal to photography enthusiasts rather than casual users - I love the idea of being able to take decent photos when out and about without dragging my larger camera around, and I can share them instantly with my friends via social networks. This is a nice, innovative product on Sony's part too. It'll be interesting to see where they take the idea in the future.
Most recent customer reviews
Great product and delivered on time.