Sony Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth/NFC - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SRS-X5 20W wireless speaker with Bluetooth, NFC, 8 hour rechargeable battery, and DMC technology
- 2.1 channel 20W output speaker
- Stream with NFC and Bluetooth
- Rechargeable 8 hour battery
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Sony Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth/NFC - Black
Roberts Travel Pad Bluetooth Speaker with Built In Rechargeable Battery
Denon Envaya Mini Portable Premium Bluetooth Speaker with NFC - Black/Blue
Sony SRS-X11 Compact Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth/NFC - Black
SONY SRS-ZR5 Multi-Room Speaker with Wireless Stereo and Surround Capability - White
Sony SRS-ZR7 High-Resolution Audio Multi-Room Speaker with Wireless Stereo and Surround Capability - Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Gigaworld||home AV direct||UK Supplies||ASK||ASK|
|Item Dimensions||5.11 x 22.1 x 11.81 cm||18.5 x 8 x 2.5 cm||5.4 x 20.9 x 5.1 cm||6.1 x 6.1 x 6.1 cm||10 x 10 x 16.1 cm||8.5 x 29.9 x 8.5 cm|
|Item Weight||1.2 kg||349 grams||0.5 kg||215 grams||1.7 kg||1.8 kg|
|Speaker Connectivity||Bluetooth||Bluetooth||Bluetooth||Bluetooth and USB||3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack||3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack|
|Special Feature||NFC Technology||Hands-free Profile||NFC Technology||NFC Technology||Wireless||Wireless|
Colour Name: Black
At a glance
- Compact, portable speaker for high-quality sound - anywhere
- One touch NFC (Near Field Communication) listening for instant music
- Wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth technology
- Listen to songs in soul-shaking clarity with ClearAudio+
- 8-hour built-in rechargeable battery
Portable wireless speaker with Bluetooth
Enjoy great quality sound, wherever the mood takes you, with the super-portable SRS-X5. Move freely from room to room, soaking up the pure space-filling sound, or head outdoors and take your music with you. Just touch it with your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet - and stream wirelessly via Bluetooth - and you can hook up to all your favourite music. The 2.1 channel speaker system packs a real punch, delivering deep bass sounds with the sub-woofer activated, while Sony's ClearAudio+ intuitively selects the optimum sound settings so there's no fiddly fine-tuning. With a rechargeable battery, that gives you up to eight hours' playtime, you have a remarkably powerful performance in a compact and stylish package.
High-quality sound wherever you go
Small, portable and beautifully formed, this wireless speaker is designed to look good in any style home. Inside it houses a 2.1 channel speaker system for great sound quality - just activate the subwoofer to really make the most of those deeper bass sounds.
Wireless audio streaming via Bluetooth technology
With the SRS-X5 you can wirelessly stream all your favourite sounds from smartphone, tablet or computer via Bluetooth technology. And thanks to Sony's AAC and apt-X codec, sound quality is crisp, detailed and tonally true. What's more, with the Hands-free Speakerphone, you can get lost in the music without missing that important call. Simply press the dedicated speakerphone button to have a hands-free conversation without losing your place on your playlist.
Listening to your favourite playlists couldn't be simpler. Just touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet to the wireless speaker for instant, room-filling sound - there's no need to set anything up.
ClearAudio+ makes your music sound even better
Based on Sony's expertise, ClearAudio+ will automatically optimise the audio experience for you - there's no need to adjust the individual settings yourself. With a single touch you can enjoy rich sound with clear highs and deep lows.
Built-in rechargeable battery
The portable SRS-X5 gives you up to eight hours listening time thanks to a rechargeable battery. Play music in the garden or far away from a plug without worrying about the music stopping anytime soon.
Top customer reviews
Sound is good. it isn't up to the Bose sound, but then it is cheaper and smaller. Compared to the sound output from a laptop, it is chalk and cheese. Compared to a "proper" hi fi, it loses out, however, for party use, as a speaker for presentations, to augment game or portable music, or as a picnic speaker, I can't imagine why anything more would be needed.
Needless to say connection is effortless both by bluetooth or NFC. A single button press and no entering of key codes, and off you go.
I'd very highly recommend
Some points :-
- this is heavy on bass but at the same its kept quite tight.
- sound production across all the three main range is quiet good, though can do with a bit of push at high trebles(you can use equaliser for that).
- Surround sound is very good.
- make sure you keep the speaker with back against a wall with a gap of couple inches as it has couple of passives at the back.
- Definitely not a outdoors speaker but I did not buy it for that. Very good for carrying it around rooms.
- This has got a good weight which I like, but some might find this heavy. The weight is good which prevents speaker from vibrating while belting out the heavy bass( as with srs x-7)
- comfortably fills a room of(~15 x 16) with some to spare still.
- the top is a magnet for fingerprint but no biggie for me.
In short, much better than I expected.
ps : I did not buy this from Amazon.
Since I also own a Bose Soundlink Mini, let me just point out some observations that might be useful for any potential buyer.
* The Bose has a charging cradle that I prefer to the clunky charger included with the Sony.
* The Bose has a mute button that I miss on the Sony.
* The Bose is smaller and build quality is higher.
* The Bose will not lower the output when powered from battery. The Sony decreases it from 20W to 8W.
* The Sony has NFC built-in making it easier to pair with compatible smartphones (Android and Windows Phone).
* The Sony can pair with up to 8 bluetooth devices. The Bose with only 6.
* The Sony comes with a microphone so can be used as a speakerphone (hands-free).
* The Sony lithium battery is rated for up to 8 hours, the Bose for 7 hours.
* The Sony has support for the apt-x codec, sorely missing on the Bose.
* The Sony will not turn itself off after a predetermined time. I personally love this feature.
* The Sony has a bluetooth standby function that can be turned on or off. Only available in AC mode.
* The Sony let you choose which Bluetooth codec to use: SBS (default setting) or AAC, aptX, SBC.
* The Sony comes with a USB charging port. Very handy!
Overall, the Sony SRS-X5 is my preferred speaker. Highly recommended!
Most recent customer reviews
I should have gone with the BOSE speaker.Read more