on 7 January 2014
I wasn't able to get this on Amazon due to stock shortages but was able to get it from another retailer that had a few left.
This Official Sony PS4 vertical stand is worth the money if you want to stand your PS4 consoles vertically. It looks great and fits the size and shape of the side of the console perfectly. It adds that extra stability to the console that gives you that reassurance it will not topple over when plugging the usb cables in (and pulling them out) or using disc based games.

The main reason I got one however is the particular design of the stand. It uses two rubber cubes that insert into the indent on the side of the PS4. Inside the two rubber cubes are rotating spindles, which when rotated push out the sides of the rubber cubes onto the PS4 console to grip on the console. This gives enough rigidity between the stand and console. The other particular design aspect is that the stand has vents (some people think it doesn't but it does). There are gaps around the very base of the stand which are fed to from the vent on the top which the console sits on. This allows good airflow to continue even when the stand is attached. My console runs quieter and cooler standing vertically because of this stand.

TL;DR

If you are standing the console vertically, get this official stand, it allows more stable cooler running of the console, it's worth it.
on 12 March 2015
Good and sturdy, like the sealing mechanism, won't break by having to click things in place. Great price for a brilliant piece of official equipment!
review image
on 16 January 2016
As someone who always has their consoles standing up when I upgraded to a PS4 from PS3 I was pretty annoyed that it didn't feel safe upright. Found this official stand though and it does feel very secure now, I have no fears. Choose this one too because of the pads so it doesn't slide around on a smooth surface and there are vents too which help from overheating.

One thing I can't tell if I am fan of or not is that I have one of the newer generation PS4's that is all matt even the HDD bit, and this stand is smooth and polished. I certainly doesn't look bad though.
on 7 October 2015
Very smart and a good compliment for the white PS4 too, it matches the black strip down the centre. Mine is running a tad quieter now it's stood up.
review image
on 27 June 2017
This is too expensive for a piece of plastic but if you want things to look as they should this is a must.
on 10 March 2017
Created a lot of room on my desk now. Disks run fine and the console doesn't overheat because of it. Would recommend.
on 24 June 2015
I bought this stand due to a shortage of space around my TV and I needed something reliable.

I was not disappointed. The stand provides the PS4 with sufficient support as the console needs to be wedged in to two small rubber protrusions on the stand (don't worry, this doesn't scratch the PS4). The console is then locked in to place via two rotating lock mechanisms located on the underside of the stand. There are also rubber grips on each of the bottom four corners of the stand to prevent it from slipping.

As for the cooling, provided the room is well-ventilated, there isn't any noticeable difference in the noise or temperature of the console whilst running between vertical or horizontal placing.

I initially bought this stand for a Black PS4 but had to return the console due to being faulty and later got a white replacement. To my surprise, I seem to like the white PS4 on the black stand even more so than if it were on a white stand! Hence I am even happier with my purchase. I have provided photos in case you would like to see how it fares with a white PS4.

A bit pricey but considering it's the official stand and is quite sturdy, I do not mind. Would recommend.
review image review image review image
on 20 March 2017
It is a Sony product and just works perfectly
on 25 April 2015
Makes my ps4 a lot more stable, and shops it sliding back when plugging usb items in with 1 hand.
Matches the ps4 perfectly, highly recommended. Get one!!
on 26 April 2017