Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

3,140
Colour: Jet Black|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:£47.04+ £2.20 shipping

on 15 June 2016
Best controller out there for PC. I was using a wired Xbox 360 controller with my PC for about 3 months, when i discovered you could use the PS4 via Bluetooth. This is a huge benefit for me as i like to play games on my bed.

When i received the controller it didn't come with a USB cable. This wasn't an issue because i was using the controllers Bluetooth capabilities. To get the controller working, I had to use Third party software called DS4 windows. This was very easy to set up and i was playing games within minutes.

The look and feel of DS4 controller is a huge improvement over the DS3. It felt sturdier and has a bit more weight to it. In my opinion this gave it a higher quality feel over the DS3.

Overall the DS4 has an improved look and feel over the DS3 and i would recommend this product to anyone who wants to use a controller with their PC.
on 1 September 2016
I don't think there is much to say about this accessory. It is a must for every gamer to have an additional controller in case you have a friend around for a kick off in FIFA. There is only one thing I would point out, but not worth removing a star. The R3 and L3 sticks are little sensitive and if you are not careful and don't regularly cut your nails, the top skin will come off and you will have to replace the controller. But for casual gamers like myself this is not a problem. The big plus is the jump from the previous DualShock controller - this one sits in your hand like it was meant to be there since you were born.
on 5 March 2016
I bought this for my Husband at Christmas (But I myself also use this). This tends to mess up & have a mind of it's own when the battery starts getting low. Now I haven't looked into this to find out if this is something that Playsation controllers do or not but our other controller doesn't do this. The best example I can use is while playing GTA the car I was driving just started driving itself around as if the buttons were stuck. Amazon will not let this item be returned even though it's an eltrical item, I would buy this from game or other shops.
on 25 June 2016
It came on time and works, nice weight, feels good in the hands, looks sleek, whats the catch?
The analogues don't detect fine movements. I play with it on PC, for certain games like FIFA, my 360 pad of 7 years broke (only because i deliberately destroyed it in anger) and so i thought i'd switch to playstation controller as i had the option on PC(master race).
But i am really disappointed, and i have had enough time to get used to it, i feel like its a real step down in competitiveness from the even the 360 controller, as the movement in games like fifa is completely ruined by the lack of fine movement. Passing goes astray, no more tricky dribbling, you have to play more robotic and less fluid, i was in division 1 on ultimate team and cruising and now im bordering relegation from division 2, serious stuff. I'm disappointing because it looked so promising, and is the finest looking and coolest controller ive ever seen, it's just not for the competitive player (on pc).

If your looking for a controller for your PS4, then yes this is a PS4 controller it works 5 stars, but if your a pc gamer and you want to be competitive then i'd recommend the 360 WAY over this, half the price, more comfortable, and better attuned to competitive gaming, i have never touched an XB1 pad, though that is probably even better
on 24 July 2016
Looks great, a nice change to the standard black pad and means I can easily distinguish between my two pads in my drawer and know which is charged or not.

The colour and material are of a standard that they won't discolour or get dirty/scratched easily which preserves the aesthetics of the pad.

I'd review it further but if you're looking at this you likely already have a PS4 pad and know how it feels to use it to play games and this one will be no different.
on 6 March 2017
This has proved to be a great purchase...I can now hand out crushing defeats to my 8 year old nephew on FIFA when he calls round to visit. Yes I am a 30 year old man and could let him win a few games now and then, but why should I? These kids need to learn life is tough and you can't always win.
on 10 August 2016
Red. Dualshock. Does the trick. Plays my games. Looks the business.
Blue to counter act my red one!

Works as intended. No soft buttons, no soft d-pad. All is well.

GAME ON!
on 19 February 2017
Not a whole lot I can say about a genuine PS4 controller. I have waited so long to purchase this, in the hope that some good non-gen controller would come along, but no such luck. I actually made this purchase to try and get my partner involved in a bit of gaming with me (tried to lego games), but ulimately, I failed!

Anyway! Great product and exactly what you would expect.
on 1 July 2016
Great improvement on the PS3 controller. Feels so much more comfortable in your hand. Only thing to note is that the rubber joysticks can wear down. This is easily rectified by busying some 99p thumb stick covers which I have done. Battery life is what you expect. The light does add to the experience of some games (blue and red flashing on GTA when the police are after you) but can cause reflection in your TV screen which can be off putting when on FPS games.
on 11 September 2016
These are still one of the best gamepads you ca buy for the playstation 4. Especially if you can pick them up for under £40, which happens quite frequently on here. They have made some odd choices for the colour choices but i guess its giving people more freedom from the original black. I myself have the Glacier White (which is my personal favourite) and the 20th Anniversary (nostalgia hit).

I used these since the console was released and i have no major causes for complaint. The rubber on the thumbsticks is not the best for the heavy gamer so i would recommend picking up some covers to increase longevity. The battery is still strong after all this time giving about 6-8 hours play in between charges.