Sony NWZE454B E Series 8GB Walkman MP3/Video with Clear Audio - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fun music features - Organise music into moods with SensMe™, sing along with Lyric Sync and Karaoke Mode plus FM radio
- Easy to use interface - Scroll through albums, search video scenes and customise wallpaper
- Sound quality - Enjoy a smoother, better listening experience with Clear Audio Technologies
- Extra long battery life - Listen for even longer with 50 hours music playback from a single charge
- 2.0" QVGA LCD screen - Display videos, photos and album art horizontally or vertically
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Cool colourful design - New E Series Walkman® design concept gives you a choice of unique, vibrant and colourful finishes
- Fun music features - Organise music into moods with SensMe™, sing along with Lyric Sync and Karaoke Mode plus FM radio for more listening choice
- Sound quality - Enjoy a smoother, better listening experience with Clear Audio Technologies, Dynamic Normaliser and Virtual Phones™ Technology
- Easy to use interface - Scroll through albums, search video scenes and customise wallpaper with the new graphic user interface and 2.0" QVGA LCD display
- Multi-format support - Play WMV(DRM), AVC(H.264) and MPEG-4, auto-convert video files (H.264/MPEG-4/DivX®/AVCHD) with Windows® 7, and playback MP3, AAC, WMA (DRM) L-PCM
- Extra long battery life - Listen for even longer with 50 hours music playback from a single charge - or a class-leading 10 hours of video
- Clear Audio Technologies - Enjoy a purer sound true to the original source thanks to Clear Stereo, Clear Bass and DSEE technologies
- Dynamic Normaliser - By balancing the volume level between songs, you'll enjoy an smoother listening experience
- FM radio - Get instant listening access to your favourite radio shows and stations
- 2.0" QVGA LCD screen - Display videos, photos and album art horizontally or vertically, in razor sharp and ultra bright quality, with our fast response LCD
- SensMe™, Lyric Sync and Karaoke Mode - Organise your music into different moods, playback song lyrics on screen in time with the music, and sing along in Karaoke Mode
- User interface - Re-designed playback screen gives you more room for Album art plus album scroll feature, search for video scenes and set wallpaper
- WM-PORT - Easily connect your Walkman® to a range of optional accessories
- 4GB memory - 4GB storage holds around 880 (at 128kbps) music tracks or approx 14 hours video (at 384kbps)
- Language learning - Easily take control of playback speeds, repeat and rewind functions ideal for audio learning content like languages
- Voice recording - Built-in recording function allows you to capture audio in a meeting, in class or on the go
Audio recording formats: MP3
Battery recharge time: 3 h
Built-in microphone: Yes
Colour of product: Black
Compatible memory cards: No
Depth: 1.04 cm
Display diagonal: 5.08 cm (2")
Display resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
Equalizer bands quantity: 5
FM radio: Yes
Headphone connectivity: 3.5 mm
Height: 9.5 cm
Image formats supported: JPG
Player media type: Flash-media
Preset stations quantity: 30
Total storage capacity: 8 GB
Touch screen: No
USB 2.0 ports quantity: 1
USB cable: USB
USB powered: Yes
User guide: Yes
Voice recording: Yes
Weight: 58 g
Width: 4.41 cm
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) The walkman's user interface is rather counter-intuitive. If you're used to operating devices like the iPod or similar, it will take you a long time to get used to these software engineers' thinking (were they thinking at all?).
2) There is some serious issue with Windows, resulting in the walkman not being detected, or being detected intermittently, with all sorts of error messages ranging from "damaged device" to "no device driver found", after having worked a minute earlier. This problem doesn't seem to exist on my (really old) Mac Mini, so it could actually be a Windows problem. But be aware that the thing might NOT work with your Windows machine - it no longer works on mine, and I have yet to find an understandable driver source online - Sony's own offerings are highly, shall we say, confusing.
3) It appears the volume is factory-set to a rather low value and there is no way of changing that. For instance, I was recently on a plane, and the walkman didn't manage to provide sufficient volume to drown out the engine noise even at full volume. This is a known issue, you can research it online.
These are only my first impressions. Judge for yourself, but I'd definitely say DON'T BUY this Walkman if you're using Windows, and you require a decent amount of volume.
The first thing that struck me was it is made from plastic, I was expecting it to be made from metal like my last Sony player, though it does look nice and still has a quality build feel about it.
The screen scratches easily.
The ear phones the old fashioned cheaper solid plastic type, like the ones you get with iPods, I find they keep dropping out of my ears. My last Sony came with some really great rubber cupped earphones that fitted snugly in the ears and had much better sound quality.
The maximum volume was too low for comfort though there is a solution to overcome the volume cap which can be found by searching the internet.
Thankfully the sound quality is just as good and still comes with different options to adjust the music. The graphic equaliser has four decent presets: Heavy; Pop; Jazz; Unique; as well as a None option and two custom slots to save your own settings, the GE also has a Clear Bass option which can be used to boost the bass.
There are also VPT (Surround) settings; None; Studio; Live; Club; Arena; Matrix. I don't use these much.
Also there are DSEE (Sound Enhance) and Clear Stereo options which both just have on off settings.
The DSEE option makes the playback quality a little less dull, acoustic guitar strumming seems to ring out a little clearer.
The clear stereo option just widens the stereo effect a little, personally I prefer it off when using ear phones, I haven't tried it through a dock yet though.
The player also has a Dynamic Normaliser option which makes each track playback at a similar level, setting this on also boosts the maximum volume a little.Read more ›
It looks nice, it feels nice. It has a sturdy yet light build, and it is very slim. Fits snugly in my pocket amongst a variety of other pocket rubbish no problem. The buttons provide good feedback allow for easy "blind control". Better still, there are dedicated volume control buttons on the side as well as a lock slide, all of which contribute to being able to control this thing eyes closed.
The screen is small and uninspiring. I would personally believe that it is only useful for listening, not viewing. But as a low end player, you shouldn't really be expecting much in that department.
Very impressive. As someone who hasn't used Sony Walkman MP3 players before, I found it overly easy to adjust to. It's all very logical and comprehensive. the initial start up takes around 5 seconds, subsequent start ups are excitingly close to instant as the player doesn't actually power down fully (I've found that this does not affect the battery life in any noticeable way).
The default home screen consists of the usual thumbnail options of music, FM radio, video et al. Delve one level deeper into the music department and you'll find that no matter how many tracks you have on there, you're never really more than a few seconds away from any track you wish to navigate to (provided you know what you're looking for). You can navigate directly from the playback screen, and can search tracks, albums, artists, and genres by letter very swiftly.
Options to alter EQ and playback modes are also accessible from the playback screen as well as the options menu on the home screen.
The radio player interface is not great.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My first mp3 player and wow it is good even know better then the i pod touch 4th generation for sound quality and battery life is better and quicker to charge what more could a... Read morePublished on 28 July 2014 by Mr know it all
I needed an inexpensive walkman and wasn't concerned about the condition. I was overjoyed when a new unit arrived, albeit without the accessories (which I didn't require, and the... Read morePublished on 3 April 2014 by FJW
I bought this because I favour Sony and because I didn't want to follow the I-pod crowd. I am soo pleased I did...
It's my first MP3 and I am very chuffed with it. Read more
The sound quality was good. Ridiculously quiet. Died after 4 months, won't turn on, computer doesn't recognise it or charge.Published on 12 Oct. 2011 by Nick
just got this product today and i am very happy with it very quick delivery came way before the estimated delivery im so happy that i didnt waste my money on an ipod thank youPublished on 28 Sept. 2011 by Ryan McCarthy
Sony NWZE454B E Series 8GB Walkman MP3/Video with Clear Audio - BlackI have had 2 of these - the battery life is supposed to last up to 50 hours. Read morePublished on 16 Aug. 2011 by Mrs. M. J. Rogers
I bought a Sony NWZE454R 8 Series 8Gb in red not black. Its the same as the item above but the colour all the reviews seem to be of 4GB items I use mine for running and... Read morePublished on 7 July 2011 by Peter
I purchased the E454B to replace my rather battered Archos 3 Vision.
Firstly, battery life can only be described as exceptional. Read more
I'm really pleased with the Walkman. Great sound quality and easy to use. Much cheaper than an equivalent ipod. Use a 3.5mm lead (got one for £1. Read morePublished on 6 Jun. 2011 by LindaQ