on 21 April 2016
This version offers slightly different components that version 12 so compare the two function for function before deciding. The interface changes were unwelcome, but not so drastic that I could not adapt after several hours usage. My Main Uses are for Home Video and PC Screen Capture editing, so expect my comments to only cover this.

Video Editing appears little changed since version 12, some interface elements are repositioned and some have been removed into expandable menus. I has Windows 8 feel to the whole interface which may cater to the touchscreen requirements of some users, although I cannot see serious editing being very efficient on a touch screen, with casual editing it maybe a different matter. It still looks and feels like "Movie Studio Platinum", you just need to confirm where the features that you use actually are where you remember them to be (or not).

Audio Editing in my case is limited to fading in and out at the start and end of videos. This appears to work the same as in version 12. Sorry for being able to comments a depth area of the Programme.

I brought this version not by completely free choice. My Version 12 had stopped importing video correctly due to Video Driver/Capture software "upgrades" becoming incompatible with version 12. After installation my problems were solved.

Editing, rendering and uploading seem to be pretty much the same, but I am still working my way through all the facets of the software so there may be some changes I have not yet found.

All in all it is good for what it does, I gave it five stars because my needs do not push the programme beyond it's limits; other may find this is not the case.
on 13 November 2017
Great software. If you don't want to pay for the newer versions or the full version (Vegas Pro) then this is still fab software to buy with a load of features.
Granted there are features you won't get in this stripped down version of Vegas, like Custom Masking, but if you just want a basic editor with a lot of power then it will serve you fine. It has green screening. It has transitions of all kinds. You can edit as precise as you want. The timeline tools are excellent. You can switch it from Simple mode to Advanced mode depending on your preference.
If you want a good editor for Youtube videos then this is brilliant for that. You can monitor audio levels and insert 'envelopes' to control the volume throughout the video. TIP: keep the volume levels around 9 throughout the video and it won't annoy people watching your videos. There's nothing more annoying on youtube than people who don't take care keeping volume the same throughout their videos. Up and down, up and down it goes and it seriously kills me! It's not hard, so just do it OK!
on 2 April 2017
Find this software the most easy to use I've had studios 12,13,& 14 and still prefer 13, it's just so much more users friendly.

The stuff you can do with this software is incredible! Makes it worth every penny, for example if you have a shakey video you can add a " stabilise effect" to make it less shakey!

I use this software a lot to make holiday videos it's great how you can have still images then a video off your phone, or off your camera and put in some background music, then burn it on blu-ray or DVD!

You really can create something entertaining and special to last for generations.
on 4 August 2017
brilliant bit of sofware, tried several free ones and also another commercial one, this process videos into editor extremely quickly, and I mean quick, so you can get on with the editing.and I'm using 2-3GB files... itll load 3-6 of these in les than 2 mins... on an i5 processor. Rendering is about 45mins-1hour but I can live with that... easy interface, two options simple and advanced. will never change to anything else
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 May 2017
Not bad. Doesn't support green screen which is pretty rubbish and I would expect better from Sony. Adding text over a video seems unnecessarily complicated.
on 23 June 2016
Not exactly what I expected seeing number 13 on the package. It is so so basic. What disappointed me was the lack of video envelopes in Movies and only one sound track in DVD Architect, so one can't add different language commentaries. But if you are looking for something for beginners or advanced beginners this product could be a very good choice for you. It is well constructed and leads you from the very start of importing your movies and photos from camcorder or photo camera through very logical steps to making the movie and then exporting it to DVD Architect and making your dvd or bluray disc. Your own themes and menues could add a personal touch to your work making you proud of your presentation.
on 23 August 2017
Only suitable if you know what you are doing!. I am struggling a little bit with it but I am a bit of a Technophobe. Good value for those in the know.
on 6 January 2016
Great editing software! Much better than Magix Movie Maker, which I was previously using. Its better to spend a little bit more money on this software cause it is great quality.
on 29 August 2017
Crashed on startup, completely useless, got a refund
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2016
I upgraded to this version as I have two still cameras that shoot 4K video. It also allows 8 mp still photos to be captured from 4K frames but sadly does not record the EXIF data.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse