Top positive review
51 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2008
Great work Evolution Studios!!!!! They did an awesome job with this game. Normally with sequels, manufactorrs add tonnes of new stuff. In this, they've kept it the same as the original but added a few new things.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE NEW TO MOTORSTORM: This is probably the best racing game developed. Its 110% off road racing. You have loads of different vechicles such as Motorbikes, Quad bikes, Mud pluggers, Rally cars, Racing trucks, Monster trucks and Big rigs. You must choose carefully as each vechicle has its own ups and downs. Big rigs destroy everything it their path, Rally cars are super fast, Motorbikes are super agile. Not only that, you must choose the route you wish to go in a race. There are routes suited to light weights, medium weights and heavy weights. This is a supoer aggresive but purely awesome racing game
- The ability to choose your driver
- the ability to select a car model and skin in 2D with literally hundreds of choice (ALL of the cars from the first game are in this with llooaaddss more)
- The ability to race 4 player split screen
- Take your own screenshots.
- Different types of maps, Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
- More skill to boasting with Fire that heats up your engine and water that cools down
- Play your own music that's saved on your HDD
- The ablity to ram into people with L1 and R1 makes for some super aggressive racing and awesome crashes.
- 16 different maps...
- More game modes: Elmintaion, Wreck Limits, Checkpoints etc.
- No more time spent going the wrong way. Press 'Select' and it will automatically put you back onto the track
- Crashing is never the set back it used to be. Even if you crash you still remain in the 'pack'
- Supports trophies
- YOU CAN NOW BACKUP SAVED DATA. Make sure you get the update but you can now backup saved data (minus data from time attack) and if you (like me) are lucky enough to have 2 PS3s you can transfer data between each one...
- Lots to explore...7 months and I'm still finding new routes, learning about each vechiles...its great that theres plenty to keep me entertained.
- Online...very responsive...quick to get into games and seems pretty much lagless. awesome fun with custom, casual and ranked games!
- THE MONSTER TRUCK (enough said)
The only downsides I can see:
- Crashing is alot easier. So many small rocks which just make your car topple.
- Some routes are unclear. Sometimes you can ram through a barrier and onto a shortcut, sometimes you ram through a barrier and you go into a No Zone way - very confusing espically with the large array of scenery.
- All of the AI is attached to you by a little invisible elastic band. This means so matter how good you race the AI will always spring back for a neck and neck finish. This is frustrating at times as most wins can be down to luck...But I guess...no matter how good or bad you are the levels are the same difficulty for everyone...
In alll...this is an awesome game in which EVERY PS3 owner must have
Okay its been a few months and two expansion packs have been released!
- 14 NEW TRACKS (considering the game shipped with 16...they've almost doubled the amount of levels!
- BETTER DESIGNNED TRACKS Not often where the DLC tracks are better than the shipped ones is it? Darkfire swamp...racing through a dark and gloomy swamp, Reef Runner...a race across mutliple islands, Hallowed earth...an almost-underground-entirely map, quicksands...across a beach front and brimstone...eh...dont know how to describe this map....just AWESOME?
- 8 REMAKES...out of the new 14 maps 8 of them are remakes of existing maps and very nicely done. They've openned new sections of the map for racing and closed others making your favourite maps...even better!
- NEW TROPHIES, VECHILES, DRIVER LIVERIES ETC
- NEW SPEED EVENT - Race between checkpoints collecting time and see how much time you can finish with and see where you rank in the world...with an added twist: BARRELLS. kncok over green barrells to gain extra time red ones loose you time. mix your stratiegies to get the highest time!
In all....BUY THIS...but as mentioned before...this game is both frustratingly awesome and beautifully annoying....