on 11 November 2011
I am very pleased with these earphones, they seem good build/sound quality but only time will tell. When listning to music they do block out outside noise a bit, which I like. These seem better build quality than my Skullcandy Ink'D earphones, and I will test the sound quality for a while and update. They also can fit any ear size as it comes with various sized earbuds. I bought them for £14 which was a bargain, so I highly recommend.

*UPDATE*
They are still working great, (its 22/12/11 at the time of update) awesome sound quality, build quality seems fine, no visible change from when taken out of packaging and have been used basically everyday. Extremely pleased with my purchase, and still, Highly Recommend.

*UPDATE*
Still working perfectly! (Its 13/04/12 at the time of this update) sound quality has not changed at all, still no visible change ever. And they have been used everyday, outside and in. One of the best buys I have ever made.
66 Comments| 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
After misplacing my favourite and impossible to find earphones that came with my Walkman, I decided to purchase these due to the similarity in shape and of course the very reasonable price.

These earphones come with three different sized ear-buds(one pair already attached), I had to swap these around because the ones already on were way too small for my ears, but once the size was changed, I found these to be extremely comfortable.

As for the sound, I honestly didn't expect too much from these due to the price, but to my surprise they were a lot better than I had initially thought; the audio is very crisp and it can deliver a decent amount of bass also.

I've listened to a good variety of different genres of music from artists such as Skrillex, Owl City, Taylor Swift, Passion Pit, 30 Seconds to Mars & Metallica and have no complaints about the audio quality.

That said they're certainly not the best earphones I have ever listened too, but I feel you get more quality than what you pay for.
review image review image review image
on 17 August 2016
Fab and at a reasonable price, these headphones illustrate why there is no need to spend a insane amount of money on headphones. I've had these for more than a year, and use them almost everyday (missing 2 days here and there) both outside and inside and no issues whatsoever and no detrimental changes to the headphones. They fit very well in the ear (they also come with a number of different sized earbuds which is fab) and have led to no discomfort at all. I would highly recommend them.
on 13 August 2014
My first impression of these headphones was that it was a bit disconcerting to have a speaker so deep in ones ear canal. Previous models of in-ear headphones I have owned would sit in the entrance of ones ear rather than deep inside.
However, I accept that this new design probably makes for a better sound delivery with less background noise.
The second impression was that the bass was far too heavy - almost uncomfortably so - and I doubted if I would be able to get used to it. The mid and upper ranges seemed to be a little dull and lacking brightness or spaciousness - if that makes sense.
The first thing I sound tested them on was a Toshiba tablet and when I later tried them on my iPod the sound quality was slightly better.
I thought about returning the headphones but decided not to in the end as I got used to the bass and decided that overall the quality was pretty good for the price paid. They will probably perform well when there is considerable background noise, such as on an aeroplane.
The build quality is good and they come with a little 'bobbin' which the excess cable can be wound round to prevent it getting knotted: this is a nice touch. There are also two other sizes of ear-bud to ensure everyone can get a good fit - big or small ear canal.
Those of you out there who do like strong bass will probably love these headphones at this price point.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 March 2014
I mostly use headphones to listen to podcasts and audio books whilst commuting, so for me the perfect headphones are not too expensive and very durable. Top notch sound quality doesn't matter as it makes very little difference for the spoken word compared to music.

For me then these are as close to the perfect headphones as I've found so far - high quality, decent price. If you're worried about musical quality, however, it's best to see what other reviewers say.

With regular use most days, including cable being wrapped and put in/taken out of pocket a few times, you can expect these to last around a year in my experience. For the price, that's very good.
on 28 March 2014
At first I was a little sceptical in buying these. I love rich pure quality sound with a decent bass (reasonably high) and treble balance.

When I received these I was disappointed to see that they had a double cable (It doesn't merge into one cable from the headphones) but this is a minor flaw compared with the sound. They deliver a rich bass and clear pure sound (with the correct settings on your MP3 or phone etc.)

For the price, eh there's better, by better I mean the single cable. I'm just fussy about that. But I'd recommend them for price, looks, sound quality, and affordability. Cons: DOUBLE CABLE :), durability (could last years with decent care, but I'm a teenager so I can't see these lasting over 2 years)
UPDATE:
This was not the product I reviewed! - I'm not sure exactly which headphones my review was about, but I've never used these Sony buds. Keep in mind that the same might apply to other reviews here.

My original review:
The quality is good and overall it's got good sound.
It's just a bit too strong on the high frequencies and which i really hate and i have to listen to it at very low volumes.
Listened to using an HTC phone, a Mac computer and compared with many earphones and headphones including the Sony XB-700.
on 28 September 2016
I've been buying these for years. They usually last me a few years before I lose them but I really think they are good quality and very comfortable to wear.
on 15 August 2016
Great sound, excellent product
on 14 April 2017
For the price, they are ok. Not the best.