1,135
Colour Name: White|Change

on 19 February 2013
I go through so many damn headphones and they always seem to break at the wire near the jack. I've given up spending decent amounts of money on headphones as they never seem to last longer than 6 months.

So this time around, I decided to look for a cheap pair of flashy over-ear headphones that I wouldn't mind being seen in public with. I have a pair that I use at home and they sound really good but they're not really the best looking things.

But when I started having a look online, these were one of the first that I came across. My first impressions were that they looked pretty good, but at such a low price, the sound must be pretty bad. However, after having a read through the reviews I was quite surprised at the number of great reviews. If only one or two people had given positive reviews, I wouldn't have bothered but there were SO MANY good reviews so I thought, at such a low price, I might as well buy them and give them a go. £14.99 wasn't too bad a loss and if they turned out to be bad, I'd gift them to my 16 year old sister who wouldn't know the difference.

Once I opened them though, I knew they were a keeper. They looked sexy and as soon as I put them on, the sound was literally everything I could ask for! I didn't have any of the burn in problems that other users experienced and even though I'm not a professional music producer, I can definitely appreciate great sound quality. Best of all, they had an L-shaped jack!!!! I always seemed to break the wire at the jack, so this will be a HUGE help in extending the life of my headphones :)

Overall, I am so so pleased with these headphones and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. For the price, you really can't go wrong!

One little tip though, prices on amazon like to fluctuate a lot so if you're thinking of buying these headphones or any other product, head over to CamelCamelCamel. It's a website that tracks the price changes of certain products on Amazon. The price of these headphones has ranged from £8 to £30 so its quite a useful site to see how much of a bargain you're getting and whether or not its worth waiting a few weeks for the price to drop. Hope this helps :)
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2012
Well what can I say, I was looking for a decent pair of headphones for general use at university and commuting on buses. I saw lots of headphones, beats by DR Dre and they were really expensive, too much for a student!:P. Then I heard these and thought there is no difference between these and the beats. The sound is FLAWLESS, the bass is excellent, you can hear every word of a song exactly how the artist sang it. There is no distortion when putting volume on max and even though Amazon doesn't state this, they act as noise cancelling when music is on, which is an added bonus.

The cable length and quality is excellent, seems more like a good quality string than an audio cable.

The headphones look very stylish and neat, they are not too over the top, just right, the adjusting sides give that finding an ideal size a much needed easy fit solution.

WELL DONE SONY!!!
on 13 July 2011
I was really impressed about the quality of this product. I bought these headphones for my daughter's IPod.
Precious look, girlie but yet professional, a very good sound quality, extremely well built.
Good value for money. I definitely recommend this product!
55 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2011
I bought these headphones as a replacement for a set of Skullcandy HESH headphones as they are nearly £20 cheaper and suprisingly they are brilliant. I had doubts as my last pair of sony headphones were terrible and sounded grainy but these are very clear and can handle bass well. The best part of these headphones is that unlike skullcandy these are well made and dont feel flimsy and easy to break.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2012
I'll keep this short, if your hesitating on buying these headphones....DON'T!! They are amazing for the money that you will pay. You can pay far more for terrible sound, but you can always count on Sony to deliver even at the lower end of the market.

The sound produced is truly outstanding. I guess usually its recommended to 'run in' headphones for a few hours, but these sound great straight from the packaging.... They are light,comfortable and great looking in white with the silver giving a touch of class, making them look far more expensive than they are.

The only downfalls are;

1. A cable descending from each ear cup, instead of a single cable

2. They do suffer from sound leakage at higher levels

Great product, great price, go buy it!!!!

A thank you once again to Amazon for a consistently fantastic service and price....
22 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2011
This was my fourth attempt at getting decent headphones and thankfully my last! They are really comfortable, the sound is really great for the price and the colour is gorgeous too! It is really handy that the earpieces swivel so they can be stored easier, and the cable is a great length and seems chunkier and stronger than all the other pairs I purchased.
I'm using mine with a sony walkman MP3 and my husband now want's a pair for his i-phone, as they sound so much better than his in ear phones.
All in all a really good buy for the price!
on 28 September 2011
Bought mainly for use with ipod. Given budget these are a gem. Sound is detailed (well, to my uneducated ears anyway). The bass is a tad heavy but this can be compensated for with equaliser/tone controls. Would have been more disappointed if bass too light. Certainly knocks all in ear 'phones I've tried into a cocked hat (these are my first over ear set). Just a huge step up from what I've been used to. If (like me) you're using standard Apple or budget in ear 'phones you'll be amazed at the improvement.
on 20 August 2012
Bought these cos I'm a sucker for buying headphones - and the £7.80 price tag seemed irresistible. Headphones I also own are Sennheiser in-ear CX300 and CX500 and over-ear HD201, 202 and 215. I used to have Sennheiser HD560 that lasted me about 15 years and also have a pair of HD565 Ovation that require a bit of surgery to make them work again.

So - why the above? The Sony 300W out of the box sound boxy and nasally. Bass is pretty good from the start however. 2 weeks later after about 50 to 60 hours of use - they are now sounding superb. The treble and mid range has now sweetened out. Bass is firm. Sound-stage is solid. Dynamics are as realistic as I've heard. I listen to mainly the same sort of music - Pink Floyd, Genesis, ELO. I listen to 320kb/s to uncompressed DVD-A / SACD quality either on my computer or using my separates system.

These Sony headphones certainly hold there own in the company of my other headphones. My HD215 for me are a clear window on music - but could be classed as maybe very slightly bass light - but it does go very low. I love my HD201 cos they sound clear and clean and are comfortable.

But this is a review of the Sony's, and they are excellent - and getting better. The angle of the cans on your ears is also adjustable - which means you can fine tune their 'flatness' on you ears - which does change the sound quality. They also look pretty good in white.

If you purchase - be patient and let them burn in first and you shouldn't be disappointed.
on 29 August 2011
Bought these cos my in ear buds get on my nerves after wearing for a long time on a plane etc. I already own a pair of white Pioneers which have 40mm drivers and didn't want to take them on holiday in case I ruined them, so got these cos they were cheap. I can honestly say that they are as good as the Pioneers which cost 3 times as much, so bit gutted these weren't out first!

Can't beat them for value for money, sound is very good, obviously not up to Dr Dre standard but for over a hundred quid cheaper, you can't justify the difference!!

BUY THEM!!
on 13 June 2012
I'm a huge Sony fan and when I decided I wanted some better quality earphones for the iPod it was a no brainer to go for Sony. I looked at the MDRZX600 but the reviews were so positive I decided on these. I guess you get what you pay for. I bought these to replace the Apple in ear phones. Honestly, there is so little difference between the two. I expected clear solid bass but the sound was fuzzy, tinny and they sounded cheap.

Leakage is huge, you can hear what is playing even at half volume. On the plus side, they look great, much more expensive than they are. They are well made and certainly they feel more expensive than they are. The problem is, they're just not that good at what they need to be good at. I would suggest that if you're after a cheap, smart looking product to replace some standard earphones then these will be fine, but I was wanting a better quality sound.

Realistically, for the money, I should have known they wouldn't be great, but the reviews all say they are really good. Maybe they are for the money, Just be mindful these are not as good as the many reviews say they are compared to the more expensive equipment.