on 19 February 2013
I go through so many damn headphones and they always seem to break at the wire near the jack. I've given up spending decent amounts of money on headphones as they never seem to last longer than 6 months.

So this time around, I decided to look for a cheap pair of flashy over-ear headphones that I wouldn't mind being seen in public with. I have a pair that I use at home and they sound really good but they're not really the best looking things.

But when I started having a look online, these were one of the first that I came across. My first impressions were that they looked pretty good, but at such a low price, the sound must be pretty bad. However, after having a read through the reviews I was quite surprised at the number of great reviews. If only one or two people had given positive reviews, I wouldn't have bothered but there were SO MANY good reviews so I thought, at such a low price, I might as well buy them and give them a go. £14.99 wasn't too bad a loss and if they turned out to be bad, I'd gift them to my 16 year old sister who wouldn't know the difference.

Once I opened them though, I knew they were a keeper. They looked sexy and as soon as I put them on, the sound was literally everything I could ask for! I didn't have any of the burn in problems that other users experienced and even though I'm not a professional music producer, I can definitely appreciate great sound quality. Best of all, they had an L-shaped jack!!!! I always seemed to break the wire at the jack, so this will be a HUGE help in extending the life of my headphones :)

Overall, I am so so pleased with these headphones and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. For the price, you really can't go wrong!

One little tip though, prices on amazon like to fluctuate a lot so if you're thinking of buying these headphones or any other product, head over to CamelCamelCamel. It's a website that tracks the price changes of certain products on Amazon. The price of these headphones has ranged from £8 to £30 so its quite a useful site to see how much of a bargain you're getting and whether or not its worth waiting a few weeks for the price to drop. Hope this helps :)
22 Comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 May 2014
These are okay.
Fairly compact. Not super small or super big. Fits flat into bag.
Audio was okay but not amazing.
I wanted these for travel but then went right back to my large XB700.

I gave these to my dad but by the time I gave it to him one side had no audio. (after only a few uses by me)

Tip: If you want something pocketable, the Samsung buds are suuuuperb.
on 13 October 2012
SOOO much clearer than the 150's ! the 150's are ok for the telly, but i listen mostly to jazz, classical and vocal music where you NEED a bit more refinement. Quite loud on my sony mp3 player and does'nt distort much at ridiculous volumes. All in all, a really good buy, highly recommended, and i'm very hard to please!!
on 10 August 2017
Brilliant
on 2 October 2017
Good
These look really cool on and have a terrific sound also. I bought these as a cheap option for casual use but they sound almost as good as my expensive ones. Easy to see which is left and right ear, fit nicely. Very happy
on 29 August 2013
Fab sound from a good looking, comfortable headphone. Definitely worth the couple of pounds extra on the MDRZX100, which I tried previously and just as good as many of the far more expensive sets you will find out there. Get them!!
on 14 April 2014
The sound from these headphones is very good considering the price. The only downside is they are a little uncomfortable after prolonged use
on 14 April 2016
Average. Feel cheap but do the job. Would not buy again
on 13 August 2014
Ive always used earphones and based on the other reviews i thought i take a gamble and go for these and ohh boy how i was dissapointed

sound isnt brilliant

so i bought

bluetooth earphones instead still sony but wished i had saved my £15 nevermind my dad uses them now