Customer reviews

3,218
Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Colour: Black|Change

on 29 April 2017
this is the second pair I've bought - the first I bought for my dad to use with his iPad and he loved his so I got these for me. So good for the price, and comfortable. They might not provide the same sound quality as some of the really expensive professional headphones but to be honest for the price they are really very good.
on 13 September 2017
I've had these for several years now and they're still going strong, the bass on them sounds great and they are very comfy to wear - a real bargain!
I went for the white as I thought the colour was the nicest, black can be a bit boring sometimes. You also don't have to turn the volume up really loud whilst travelling, e.g. in car or on train, as whilst not noise cancelling they aren't bad for blocking out background noise. Highly recommend!

Pros - very high quality sound for the price
Cons - none really, would be better if they were wireless but I can't complain for the price!
on 17 August 2017
Could do with a tighter fit as they can be loose even when tightened top down.
Sound quality as you would expect from headphones in this price range.
Attractive look, non messy cables.
Ears rotate and swivel to fit your head better.
Padding is a little thin and deteriorates over time.
review imagereview image
on 20 December 2016
I'm no sound expert - there's not much I can offer in terms of techincal specs or performance. They look good, didn't cost much and have lasted a long time. No issue with sound being too low either.
on 19 November 2017
I had bought Sony headphones before, those lasted me months before dying due to natural wear and tear. So I thought I should buy replacement headphones. They arrived today; I opened the box and plugged them into my phone only to hear diluted messes of my favourite songs. Even my old pair that is dying doesn't do this- what the hell Sony.
on 11 March 2015
Now and again we need to replace headphones because either the wire near the plug gets damaged or the ear pieces fall apart. These I think will last. The wire is double and a little thicker than the wire of some other headphones and the ear pieces are securely put together with a soft plastic cover. The sound quality is great. We now have them if white, black and blue for most of the family.
on 27 October 2017
Gotta say these headphones are phenomenal. Stellar bass, outstanding sound, and the volume control feature is an unexpected bonus. Currently using them at work, and they were made for it. Superb!! Better late than never eh with this review?!!.
on 30 August 2015
These are a very nice pair of head phones with a sound quality that equals those of a far more expensive pair I have. They are comfortable to wear,light and sounds can't be heard by others who are next to you. For the price they are excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
on 17 November 2017
Lots of use they’ve been battered about a bit, but still working well. I’m no expert but sound quality with the iPad is very good.
on 9 January 2017