on 27 November 2012
This part enables anyone to allow two hdds on the same laptop (proving that there is enough room for two) or one hdd and a ssd or two ssd's. I have added an Samsung 240Gb ssd to my samsung 500Gb on my Sony Vaio VPCEC1S1E and the results are impressive. Button press to finish of 'Start' is now around 14 seconds and close down is 7 seconds. Applications are a blast and all my work is so much faster. The battery lasts that much longer because of the reduced power requirements. My only problem now, is the noise from the cooler for my processor! lol Nothing I can do about that, but you can't have everything.
on 11 December 2013
Added a256 ssd and now switched the old drive to second drive on my sony vpcec series. More space much more speed, this drive ribbon the essential part.
on 1 May 2014
I've been looking for one of these for a few years now as have a very reliable Sony VPC..... series laptop. Installation is simple (probably as I'd already replaced the HD once and knew what I was looking for).

Crossed fingers, powered up and boom... 2 drives visible. No messing around with bios or anything. Win7 recognised the drive and was formatted soon after.
on 21 September 2014
Works as expected. I just wish it was a bit cheaper for such simple piece.