on 25 July 2010
I took sometime searching for the right t.v. for my lounge, yes, my lounge (it seems most people think that this size t.v. is only fit for a bedroom)! I really wanted one with Freeview & DVD built in and it's great from that perspective. I read reviews, went to various stores and had a look at similar models and decided to go for this one as it looked right and I thought Sony - good name, bound to be good qulity. But it's only O.K. really. The sound is a bit naff and tinny if I'm honest, the t.v. that went u/s on me was much, much better and that was 10 years old. Call me crazy but I would have assumed that modern technology would have given better sound not worse. I will have to get separate surround sound in order to bring this upto to the same standard. The set up process is as simple as anything, the picture is o.k. and the general operation is equally simple.
on 30 July 2010
I was wary of purchasing this TV due to the the previous reviews, but as I trust Sony and the price was quite good, I decided to go ahead anyway. I use this TV in the bedroom, and it is not linked up to games, speakers etc. so it only has basic use and I can't comment on its total capabilities, however as a bedroom TV/DVD it does the job. It was easy to set up, although I did have to run the scan twice for some reason to pick up all the channels and has a nice clear picture. The remote control is fairly intuitive and it is easy to switch between digital, analogue and the DVD. However the sound is definitely more tinny than my previous (very old) Sony (hence not giving it 5 stars) and the colour was very bright until I toned it down. It also emits a funny smell when it has been used for more than about 30 minutes (I have had it for a month now). Overall I would recommend this TV for a bedroom as long as you are not needing quality sound without speakers. I can't imagine the tinny sound filling a living room though. I am hoping that this TV will last as long as all of my previous Sonys.
on 1 July 2017
Sony never fails to satisfy . Lovely quality item.
on 23 June 2010
Bought as a tv for a bedroom.

The picture quality is very good as is the DVD playback. Sound is a bit tinny but better than many small flatscreen tvs.

As in the previous review the freeview electronic programming guide (epg) is terrible. It only shows what is on 1 channel at a time for the coming few hours. You have to click through each channel individually. Most epgs show all channels and what's on now, allowing you to scroll through and see what you like the look of. I've read the guide and it doesn't look as though the view can be changed.

If you're using this as a gaming tv, for the dvd or to hook up to Sky you'll be very happy. If you're planning to use the freeview epg you may find it annoying.
on 14 August 2010
I am a Sony fan, and have a lot of Sony products ranging from laptop to camera and of course the Bravia in the lounge so did not really want to go by Sony, as I am impressed with the Bravia downstairs.

BUT ..... it does sound tinny as previous reviewers have stated, the freeview guide is total pants and as far as switching the tv off, forget it, because you can't as it just goes on standby which is not really handy when I had to put it on an extension behind my daughters ikea bed!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe that It has to be switched off at the mains WHY??????????

I cant fault the picture, its what you would expect from a Bravia but so far thats all it has going for it.

:-(
on 19 April 2011
I bought the Sony KDL22BX20DU Bravia 22 inch Widescreen LCD HD ready TV with built in DVD player and Freeview to replace my 14 inch CRT in the kitchen. I was quite excited when it arrived, and unboxed it and set it up. It looks quite suave in black but quickly shows dust and marks. It is very easy and intuitive to set up and has plenty of features for sound and picture settings. Once I had tuned it in, I went about setting up the picture and sound to my taste. Immediately I noticed the poor quality of the picture. Although the colours and tones are good, the picture is far from HD. I realise it is HD ready (720 dpi) and not full HD, however the picture is worse than my CRT. I tried tweaking the settings to no avail. The picture quality is just as poor on the DVD player. The sound quality is excellent, as you would expect from Sony. However, the picture quality is very dissapointing.
on 23 October 2010
Congratulations to Amazon, I ordered this on Monday and it was delivered Wednesday lunchtime. The TV is sleek and sexy and takes up no room at all in the kitchen and with the intergrated DVD I can even listen to my CDs whilst cooking. I have only given it 4 stars because it seems to take a long time to come on (a bit like waiting for the old ones from the 1950's to warm up!) and changing channels is not instanstaneous but there is a delay again. The remote is intuitive and easy to use and apart from the waiting thing I love it.
on 6 July 2010
I chose this model because the Sony Bravia range seem to have a good reputation, and has good reviews - at least for the larger models. When I set it up, it did all the work itself very quickly, and was ready to use in a few minutes. The picture quality seemed a bit over-bright, actually garish. After a bit of fiddling with the on-screen adjustments I got a better quality picture, but it took a couple of days before the picture settled down to a good level of sharpness, brightness and contrast. It's now quite acceptable. I can't say the same about the sound quality - thats too tinny for my taste. The sound settings offer various options of sound type, but there's no actual bass and treble adjustments, which are the obvious ways of getting a realistic quality of sound. Also the tiny speakers are backward-facing, which doesn't help. So, all in all, not a really bad small-to-medium TV, but not a really good one either.
on 22 October 2010
I love my TV.. Im so happy that I brought this Sony item- as their reputation speaks for itself. I was currently due an upgrade from my previous CRT for one of the bedrooms. Obviously I went to the Sony website and viewed this item; it was a bit pricey and I instantly thought of Amazon. To my surprise the item was in stock and on top of that I received 10% off the total price!!. (Some promotional week or something. I wasn't complaining!)

I ordered it straightaway and this was delivered in no time. The setup was extremely easy and I was enjoying the new TV.. The DVD is also awesome and the free-view is great as well. I have read the other comments about the noise sounding abit tinny, but I haven't noticed it and the TV is just awesome!

I would definitely recommend this TV!
on 30 August 2010
Got this TV for my bedroom. It looks great, stylish shiny finish. Very easy to set up out of the box. Picture quality is great, menus easy to use, DVD works well, only complaint is that the sound is quite tinny, especially compared to my 40" Sony Bravia downstairs. It's fine for watching before bed or waking up to first thing on a morning though. Good for a second TV but the sounds not up to scratch if it's going to be your only one.