Sony ICFC218S Clock Radio (Silver) (discontinued by manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Analogue FM/MW clock radio, adjustable snooze timing, automatic time setting
- Analogue AM/FM radio tuner
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time adjustment
- Extendable snooze setting
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The ICF-C218 is s space-saving appealing Design with the ability to Choose your own snooze time instead of being held captive by the short time intervals of other snooze times. It features automatic daylight saving time/mummer time adjustment, Automatic time set and Calendar, Extendable Snooze and easy alarm setting.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It has a 'sleep' button that lets you listen to the radio as you drift off to sleep and then it switches its self off after a period of time (90,60,30,15 minutes - you choose).
2. The alarm is easy to set. I do prefer my other Sony alarm that lets me see the 'set time' at a glance, wheres you need to tap the plus/minus button to check what the 'set' time is.
3. You can choose between buzzer or radio to awaken you. There is only one time you can set (I think).
4. There is a snooze function.
The radio works fine. Nothing special. It uses a tiny thin wire to pick up signal; it's not a long wire. The sound is the usual cheap tinny sound that you get from such a cheap device. It's not a B&W etc. This alarm does run off the mains, and will go blank during a power cut, but will display correct time once power comes back on (within reason I think, as I presume battery is tiny/small). The power chord is only about 1.7m long.
Some of the buttons are small; fairly solid tho; the volume scroller is semi-sensitive. Buttons are not intuitively laid out, but you'd soon learn the layout without needing to look. The numbers are easy to read in day or night; I have not noticed a dimmer for the display although at night time the display is not too bright for me.
I do have a Sony Dream Machine too, that allows all those functions, plus has two alarm times, plus weekend times, plus easy to see 'set times' at a glance.
Hope this helps.
The time automatically sets itself, which is good if there's a power cut over night which you are unaware of, it means the time will reset itself and your alarm will go off as usual, and the alarm is a doddle to set, which is great.
The display is big & bright so its very easy to read the time when you're half asleep. Also, the alarm is very loud, there is no way you will sleep through it!
There are a couple of downsides to this clock. Firstly, because the clock sets its own time it for some reason runs about 10 minutes fast, and I am unable to adjust it. Secondly, it only has a single alarm, my partner and I get up at different times so it's nice to have duel alarm settings.
Overall, its not a bad clock radio. Its a good make, looks good, easy to operate and it wakes me up in the morning, what more do you need from an alarm clock?
1. It looks good, functional and modern enough to sit anywhere.
2. I works perfectly. The older one for 2 years, this one for 2 months. The radio is fine for a bedside clock and the reception is good enough.
3. Its easy to use. The minimalist and functional controls are brilliant. Its better than my own DAB radio for that. The alarm is set using a simple rocker button. Snooze, sleep, radio and alarm functions are a breeze to set and somehow make perfect sense. Someone clearly spent real time designing how this should work and it tells. If only all clocks were this easy to operate.
4. My boys love them. The presents went down a storm. The sleep functions is a particular favourite.
5. It was delivered quickly.
6. Brilliant value for money.
The down side
1. There are very few but the sound is not awe inspiring, its good enough but this will never replace a proper stereo.
2. Its not DAB. It does work but if the FM stations are ever turned off this becomes slightly less useful.
If they made a dab version of this I would buy it. Its a great alarm clock.
Like all Sony products this looks stylish right away. Setting up is simply, just plug it in and the time is already set. I took the clock back though as it was off by a minute, but otherwise what a handy feature.
Display is a strong green and very clear. Setting the alarm is very simple with a switch that goes forward and back allowing you to set to the minute what time you want to wake up. Then it's a matter of turning another switch from off to either "buzzer" or "radio" to select which noise you want to wake you up. Buzzer is a not too quiet, not too loud beeping sound, while radio is whatever radio station you tune into (the dial is on the side).
Overall a fine product that's light, compact, and does the job perfectly as stated - it tells the time and gets me out of bed in time for work. Can't say fairer than that.
What more can one say - it's a clock-radio and it works: exactly what we needed!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews