Sony ICF-C1 FM/AM Clock Radio - Black
|Price:||£14.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Radio Alarm Clock with FM/AM radio tuner and extendable snooze
- Standard, dual alarm or projector model options
- Automatic daylight saving time adjustment
- Extendable snooze setting
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Black
Sony ICFC1 FM/AM Clock Radio - Black
From the Manufacturer
Advanced alarm features
Single alarm setting with radio or buzzer sound. Wake you up gently thanks to the progressive alarm volume and extendable snooze functions.
Adjustable display brightness for comfortable viewing and automatic summer time adjustment for extra convenience.
Stylish and simple design with few buttons for easy operation.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I really can't fault this alarm clock, and I definitely think it's worth paying the extra little bit for a decent radio alarm. Highly recommended.
However, the small size also has one further downsize - the buttons are very small (apart from the snooze/brightness button) which can make it a bit tricky to use.
As others have mentioned, the radio isn't 'shielded' against interference from mobile phones, so I recommend you keep the two things in seperate places overnight.
All things considered, this is a good value, no nonsense clock radio.
Plug it in, it finds the right time and will make the change for British summertime, which is handy.
Easy to set the alarm and the radio function is quite clear. My old one had begun to sound as if the announcers were speaking through a hanky and at times I could not catch what they were on about, so it is nice to hear things again.
I like the fact it has three brightness settings. I do not like my time piece to illuminate the room so I can dim it as I please.
Very happy with it.
There are only two issues that I have (hence four stars and not five):
(1) I am not in favour of wire aerials as they always look a mess when blu-tacked to the wall; a solid extending aerial is always my preference.
(2) As this is so high sensitivity, there is a problem if you have your mobile 'phone next to it. Basically, your mobile 'phone does a cell update regularly and also incoming emails cause data to be exchanged. Even when switched off, this radio detects this and you get the classic data exchange sound being played at normal listening volume. If you don't charge your 'phone at night next to the bed, then this won't be a problem. However, if you do, then this might just too annoying to live with. I know this isn't a problem with this clock radio per se, but I guess it might be an issue for a number of users.
So, in summary, excellent reception, good sound quality, need to read the manual as the buttons aren't totally intuitive, but don't put it next to your mobile 'phone at night if you want to sleep.
Slowly increasing alarm sound is a much nicer way to wake up than the normal starteling alarm wake up!
I have the one in white & I am quite sure this is so good that there wont be long before I will be ordering a black one too! (One for the bedroom one in the kitchen).
SONY still does good stylish products!!!
The alarm works well for me as I'm not a heavy sleeper, but it could be trouble if you are - it's not that loud - whilst it increases in intensity, it takes a while to get 'alarming'
Bonus is - it automatically updated the time for me when the clocks went forward this weekend - so no worrying about that in future!
The clock speaker is unshielded, which means it's susceptible to electromagnetic interference from mobile phone signals (randomly communicating with mobile phone masts), so don't place your phone too near or you'll be awoken by random interference. Other than that, this is a decent little radio alarm clock that I can recommend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This replaced the original sony cube clock radio which had broken FM switch. This Sony is a 5 star replacement at a good pricePublished 9 hours ago by Duck
I wanted a clock for my 4 year old son as he had a habit of waking up at 4 and asking if it was time to wake up yet! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Satinderpal S.
Small, compact, does everything it says on the tin.
Issue for the rating is that we are still using an old style analogy tuner. Read more
Very disappointed with this. I had the Sony DreamTime alarm clock radio for nearly 20 years with no problems at all. Read morePublished 2 days ago by F for Freddy
I WAS A BIT PUT OUT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE SAME AS A PREVIOUS ONE I OWNED .however HAVE NOW GOT USED TO IT .Published 13 days ago by Mrs. Janet M. Crowley
Stylish but fiddly buttons at the back and even the dimmest brightness is still too bright at nightPublished 19 days ago by Amazon Customer