- Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 1.6 x 6 cm ; 27 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 82 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Item model number: DK36
- ASIN: B00HWUQEZQ
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 25 Feb. 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (659 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Sony DK36 Magnetic Charging Dock for Sony Xperia Z2
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Magnetic connector steers the phone charging port to the dock charging connector and makes the connection
- Interchangeable inserts in the kit make it possible to use this dock with your Xperia i1ii with a cover or without
- Landscape mode offers stability while charging and gives a comfortable viewing angle inch
- Fast charging (1500mA)
- High quality product
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Xperia Z2
An innovative magnetic connector enables you to place your phone snugly in the dock using just one hand.
The magnet steers the phone charging port to the dock charging connector and makes the connection secure.
This strong magnetic connection will support your phone throughout charging, holding it in place.
While your phone is charging, it stands at a comfortable viewing angle. You can be checking messages, browsing content or watching movies.
Your Xperia Z2 is stable and secure in its dedicated charging dock, allowing you to make the most of your handset at all times.
Operates with cover or without
Interchangeable inserts in the kit make it possible to use this dock with your Xperia Z2 with its cover or without, offering you maximum flexibility.
Official Sony product designed specifically for the Sony Xperia Z2
Designed by Sony for your Xperia Z2, so you can be sure that this product is of the highest quality - suited to your high-quality handset.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: One month on... I now keep this by the bed to charge the phone during the night and for that it is perfect. When docked, I have the XperiaZ 'Smart Connect' set up to automatically turn off wifi, data and sound etc. and initiate the alarm clock (which over-rides the silent mode!). A slightly different use to what I initially wanted it for, but I've adapted my expectations! It's actually ideal by the bed and saves me constantly opening/closing the USB flap for charging. All in all, I'm now happy with this purchase, so I'm upgrading my rating of 3 stars to 4 stars. Still reckon it's over-priced, though!
UPDATE August 2014: Still using this by the bed, and still find it really useful. However, after a software update my XperiaZ1 wouldn't 'stay awake' in the dock - after a couple of minutes the screen turned off, and I was left with no clock to look at during the night. I got round this with a simple app called 'caffeine' which is free in the Play Store. Works a treat.
Arrived on time and packed OK.
Inside the transit packing was the DK39 product box which, unlike the undamaged outer transit packing, looked like someone had danced on it. Still, the DK39 itself appeared undamaged - probably because there is not much to damage.
Inside the box, the DK39 is a large matchbox sized piece of plastic with a magnetic charge point in a grove on the top and a recessed miniusb socket for the charging lead underneath. There is also an insert that clips into the recessed groove on top and, atop which, the Z2 tablet sits. No charging cable or charger plug - so supply your own as expected.
The Z2 sits nicely on the charger and charges fine.
I had a similar sony DX48 magnetic charger for my Z3 phone, but it trashed my phone screen (google 'orange screen xperia DX48' to read peoples stories on this) - so I'm hoping the DK39 doesn't do the same to my Z2 tablet.
The unit is very light, which means, every time you remove tablet, the whole thing lifts up, then you need a second hand to remove it.
It is "compatible" with the Sony tablet cover, but certainly wins no awards. The cover has to hang over the back of charger, or if you have the patience every time you dock, you can fiddle with the cover and sort of, fold it up. But to be honest it detracts from the convenience of docking the tablet quickly.
PS it doesn't come with any leads - make sure you have the one from your tablet, or spares!
But using this charger makes it easy to drop the phone on for a quick boost during the day on the desk or in the car.
1. It holds the phone snugly. I don't think it will fit with a phone with a cover on.
2. It holds the phone at a good angle for desktop viewing, much better than the other charger I have, that is too upright
3. The charging pins locate firmly onto the phone, unlike the generic holders that switch off and on when going around corners in the car, making the screen flash annoyingly
4. I have used blu tak to stick this to my car dashboard. Using Smart connect it will automatically start the Sat Nav and leave the display on. fun
5. No dock can offer anything apart from charging as there are only power pins on the side of the phone, not USB connections.
6. It doesn't come with a cable, which is a touch annoying but by now I have lots of cables. Although labelled 1800mA, it works with 1000mA 1500mA and 2000mA chargers I have for various other gadgets.
7. The styling is minimal but functional. I am happy to look at it with no phone docked.
You might feel you are being over charged for £ 1 worth of plastic by Sony but if you can afford the phone, buy the best charger !
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant ordered Friday evening delivered Sunday quality unit nice angle when docked for viewing well worth buying this over cheaper poor quality ones on herePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Item is in good condition and works but is not new as advertised , dirty rubber feet on bottom of product and grubby box not sealed a giveaway, crafty.Published 15 days ago by jason pugh
I've had the dock less than year but feel the design has caused wear and tear to my phone as in order to get the phone to charge you need to slide the phone to and fro until it... Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
works great for my Z3 tablet. Didn't give it five stars as I have to take the tablet out of its very thin case every time i want to put it in the dock. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Gary
I advise getting this if you have a little flat space to put your phone on charge. It charges so quickly and you can use your phone as a night clock!Published 29 days ago by Driftstein
This says it works with a case. As the USB charge point has a silly cover that is breaking I thought I'd try it.
It doesn't fit with a case. Read more
Live saver for when my charger port went. Also bad point is i wish sony made the newest phone with the gold pinsPublished 1 month ago by Emily-Louise
No usb cable included and it's very light, making it feel cheap but functions just fine and as described.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer