- As an alternative Amazon recommends the Sony DCR-SR75E Hard Disc Drive Handycam with X25 Zoom to find out more click here for details.
Sony DCR-SR72 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.7'' LCD Screen
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Up to 20hrs 50 min recording with built-in 60 GB Hard Disk Drive
- Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® Lens
- 1 Megapixel Advanced HAD CCD
- STAMINA up to 7 hours 20 minutes (with optional battery)
- Handycam Station
- Hard Disk Drive Smart Protection system with 3G sensor and memory
- 25x Optical Zoom / 2000x Digital Zoom
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Stylish compact HDD Handycam camcorder featuring a 60GB high capacity Hard Drive for long recording times, 1 Megapixel CCD for great images and a 25x optical zoom.
Stylish compact HDD Handycam® camcorder featuring a 30GB high capacity hard disk drive for long recording times, 1 Megapixel CCD for great images and a 25x optical zoomSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The night vision option is good, not sure how much I'd use this but worth having!
We bought a spare battery (the Sony NP-FH100) which is much bigger (size) than the supplied battery but should last around 10+ hours.
We only have a few negatives with this system, the photos it takes are only 1Megapixel so don't expect outstanding photos like you get with your digital camera. In addition, the lens cover is manual so its easy to forget to close it when you put it away. Finally, there is no standard flash on the camcorder, although you can buy one. Having said that, these are in my opionion only small negatives, we're very happy with this camcorder and Amazon were so so os much cheaper than all other sites/shops. You can also get cashback from Sony if you buy it, see link on amazon for details.
As one of the other reviewers said, buy it, you won't regret it and for the price I can't imagine you'd get much more!
1) The manual is not very helpful when it comes to connecting to your computer and installing the software. The Handycam station should ideally be plugged into the mains, and the camera should click into position on the station otherwise the connection is not properly made. Once it is made, you should see a range of connection options on the camcorder screen, including two for Computer. Select the one on the left. This is what is meant by "choosing the connection mode".
2) After I'd done this I was able to install the software and burn a DVD. This in spite of the fact that I use a two-year-old VAIO. It's very strange, when I first rang Sony support they told me that the camcorder is not compatible with the VAIO. However, in a subsequent call the SONY computer technician kindly spent a lot of time taking me through the entire process over the phone and everything works fine. So, if you've got one, this thing about the VAIO seems to be incorrect after all. If you make sure you've done everything right in 1) above, all should be fine. It was for me, at any rate.
The SR72 was it for me cause of the 1MP CMOS recording capability which to be honest at first I didn't think it would be enough but after using it this weekend on my holiday to Amsterdam then playing it back on my plasma the other evening I was nothing short of amazed at how clear the picture was and how clear the sound was. It also takes pretty good still pics.
An all round winner for me, you wont be disappointed!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review is a bit dated now as had it some time so I'm sure there is better out there now but still great piece of kitPublished on 4 Aug. 2014 by Andy Dove
It was good to record activity, while taking photoes has less quality. Small size was good for travel. Battery seemed to last long.Published on 20 Jun. 2013 by Jeffrey @ Preston
Big hard drive
never let me down
picture quality as good as other camera formats ( tape,dvd etc)... Read more
We have had many problems with this cam. The videofiles are DVD-quality (25% of DV-quality) and cannot be edited on a mac. Video is striped all-over, so mainly unusable. Read morePublished on 7 Aug. 2008 by P. E. Van Beelen
Ordered the camera on Sunday arrived at my home on Tuesday. Easy to order and good service from Amazon.
Have taken some videos and photos and plyed them back on TV. Read more