- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Sony CX220 Full HD-Camcorder (27 Optical Zoom) Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full HD, wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens, Exmor R CMOS sensor, iAuto, 8.9MP stills and 32x extended zoom
- Wide-angle ZEISS lens with 27x Optical Zoom
- SteadyShot Image Stabilisation reduces blur
- Convenient built-in USB cable
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Click here for a larger image
At a glance
- Pack more in the frame with a wide-angle lens
- Get closer to the action with 32x extended zoom
- Shoot in low-light conditions, no worries
- Get high-quality images with 50p progressive shooting
- Post your best bits online with shareable file formats
Capture more of your memories
Wolfing down street food in Berlin. Tom and June getting hitched on the beach. Your first solo with the ukulele orchestra. They're the moments you never want to forget â€“ but might be having too much fun to remember.
Pack a Handycam CX220E and it will do the legwork for you. Whatever you are up to, catch it all with a wide-angle lens and 32x extended zoom. And if you are having adventures in the dark, don't stress. It shoots in low-light conditions, so you won't miss a thing.
Whatever your next big memory is, you're going to want to share it. Toggle from high-quality AVCHD to MP4 to help you get it online super-fast. Life's moving pretty quickly these days. So make the good times last.
Fit more into every frame
From a bustling market to a crowded dancefloor, be sure to fit everything and everyone you want into your shots. With a wide-angle Vario-Tessar lens by Carl Zeiss, you can capture a larger image area without having to stand back and without compromising detail.
Make light work of low light
Shooting an epic sunset? Get it looking great even as the light fades. The Exmor CMOS sensor is twice as sensitive as conventional sensors, capturing every detail, even without flash. No more grainy, fuzzy, dim images, just crisp, clear pictures.
Easy-to-share file formats
Sometimes it's all about bagging the bragging rights. So share your best bits fast. Record and play videos in high quality AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) or MP4 formats. If you want to upload videos to Facebook, YouTube or PlayMemories choose MP4, and it's easy to share the enjoyment of every special moment.
Bring the world closer
You're never on the fringes of the action. A 29.8mm wide-angle Vario-Tessar lens by Carl Zeiss and extended zoom up to 32x mean your shots are always right where the good stuffs going down. Extended zoom features advanced image processing so there's almost no image degradation, whether you're shooting wide or telephoto.
Capture tiny detail and fast action
Don't be shy. Get up close and personal with people when you film. You can capture high quality images in smooth, sharp detail. It's all thanks to the 50p progressive shooting mode, with a high bit rate of image capture so you won't miss that essential moment.
USB Connection Support cable
HDMI micro cable
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Easy to use, light, compact and does everything I need from a digital Camcorder.
Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced digital Camcorder.
You need extras after you buy this camera like a memory card, look carefully at what you might need.Sony have been very tight at what they have put in the box.Shame on you.
Overall it provides full HD 50p and 50i as well standard definition so should meet everyone's needs although at present I have made discs at 50i becouse you need a blu- ray recorder for the 50p and a very top spec computer.
OK, yea I am learning. Buy this, the video and pics are brill but study the form if you want even more out of it.
There are two improvement:
1) Better MP count for the stills - this is a welcomed change as the stills on the CX190 were awful, but then you wont really be using this for stills especially when filming at 1080 as it cant do both at the same time.
2) Wider angle - again a welcomed improvement for shots in a small room of the kids.
There are many things that are worse though:
1) Build quality is much worse, it feels cheaper, more plasticy, less silver trim so it looks cheaper as well.
2) Noise when zooming and auto focus seeking, its not that loud but its there and its annoying.
Things that haven't changed that should have been:
1) Sony's editing software is dog poo on Windows, I cant edit at all, the M2TS file format is very widely accepted for playback but for editing there is little out there aside from pro apps that I can use to edit. If I had a Mac I would be OK with iMovie. Come on Sony, give us a copy of Vegas lite!
2) Battery life, still pretty low, less than hour on full charge.
Overall for the price I would give this a miss, yes its small and it makes some nice looking content in decent light but I would either spend more or wait for the tech to offer something better.
Most recent customer reviews