on 11 May 2014
After having sony camcorders for the past 15 years, this was my latest upgrade. The picture quality at first was great, until I started testing it in more detail. Evening low light testing caused the camera to produce white specs on the video, I'm not taking about the usual low light grain from having high ISO etc, Which would have been expected with a smallish sensor inside. Daylight performance is excellent and cant be faulted.

My next big issue and not forgivable in my mind was the fact the camcorder 5.1 mic picked up its own internal cooling fan noise. This fan is on all the time and can be heard if you put your ear close to the body. Fine, it needs cooling due to being so compact, but sound proof the mic please so you don't hear it on all of yur recordings in the background please or use a silent fan or better cooling.
Word of warning on the mic, its sensitive, very sensitive and it's designed to record behind! Great I thought as it will sound amazing in our cinema room....well it does, but your breathing while recording also sounds great when you are watching everything back.
I have ended up getting the sony rx10. No it isn't a vid camera, but the vid quality is better, doesn't have the annoying background fan noise, much larger sensor so is much better vid quality indoors and in the evenings, and it takes real good photos also. The image stabilisation is not upto the pj810 optical stabilisation but it aint bad.
on 11 July 2015
Great size, Great quality, Great image, Great sound.
Bought this from 'Photospecialist' as 'asgoodasnew' let me down. It is better than I expected. The anti shake is out of this world, making even the shakiest of shots look profesional. It manages to cope with the worst of lighting. Although I did purchase the Neewer CN 160 LED CN-160 160PCS for recording when it gets real dark(which is also the bee's knees).
There is not much else I can say to express how delighted I am with this Camcorder at this price range.
on 1 June 2014
This is the kind of camera that will get heads turning. A 26mm wide angle lens gives a superb wide field of view while filming, a feature sadly absent from most cameras I've used over the years. The optical image stabilisation is nothing short of astonishing - on a long zoom, things are just rock solid, as if you've got a steadycam mount on your shoulder. At 12x the zoom is far from the longest on the market, but more than adequate for all of my filming needs. The 5.1 sound is probably lost on me, as I don't have such an audio setup in my home, but nonetheless sound fidelity and accuracy is great. Built-in internal storage at 32GB will take you a long way. Remote viewfinder and file transfers via NFC or Wifi, through a smartphone, are really cool features.

The real head turner feature is of course the built in projector. At 50 lumens it is the brightest available in the range, and it really shows. Indoors, with daylight coming in the windows, not darkened in any way, the projected image is bright and crisp and more than a gimmick. Give it a little more darkness and you can throw a bright clear image as large as your wall allows. The projector allows an external HDMI input so you can drive it from your phone, your laptop, your DVD player, your PS3. It's not an HD projector and will never match up to a dedicated unit, but for what it is, it's truly amazing. Finally, battery life impressed me. The default battery tends to give around 2 hours, even if using the projector. Upgrade to the NPFV70 battery and that time increases to more like 5-6 hours filming and projection. This is a camera that will serve many needs for me for many years. Love it!