on 20 March 2013
Truly an excellent camera. To find out more about it visit the A65 camera with standard lens page on Amazon. There you will find info not repeated here. The best value-for-money 24 MP SLT (or SLR) you can buy. Misses only minor features of its larger, more expensive stable mates the A77 and A99. If you are careful with it the plastic rather than titanium body will serve you well. I purchased the camera body only so that I could purchase the equally excellent SAL 16-50 f2.8 SSM lens (also through Amazon)as my standard lens. This is much better than the one that comes bundled with the camera. Its fast, wider and has the high-tech plus that the updated firmware in the camera is programmed with any small fault of the lens and therefore corrects for vignetting, chromatic aberration, etc specific to the lens. Very sharp photos with this combination and its amazingly fast and quiet to focus.
on 20 November 2012
I am still getting to grips with all the features of this camera, but I got on well with the A100, and this is much quieter and faster, especially on Continuous Shooting, which I use particularly for birds. I didn't get the A77 because of it's considerable weight and because of all the extra buttons etc. on it. I was attracted by it's weather-proofing, but I couldn't have coped with anything more complicated, heavier and bulkier. Once I get the hang of it, I think I shall be very pleased with the A65.
on 8 June 2013
I've been using an Alpha A55 for almost two years and I was attracted by the idea to have even more resolution without changing any lenses or my way of shooting. A65 looked like a perfect solution for that purpose, so I grabbed one fast. It did all I wanted, plus much more. The much bigger battery holds for over 500 50% larger shots, compared to the 350 that A55's battery could shoot in one charge. A few more controls have their dedicated buttons and are easier to access. And finally, if you want, you can shoot in raw only.
on 8 February 2014
I wanted a easy to use light weight camera just so I did not have to carry my heavy gear about on a day to day basis. This camera seems ideal, Strangely according to Sony's compatibility list not one lens is fully compatible not even the kit lens
on 5 May 2014
Excellent delivery, great camera.

I am impressed, although I haven't yet had a lot of time to play with it. Initial reaction is positive. Am pleased with the quality of the images.
on 23 January 2014
I recently decided to treat myself to a Dslr again,after having various Superzooms over the last couple of years,latterly the Fuji XS1,which is a great camera,and which I'm keeping.
So,having read some good reviews for Sony cameras,and preferring a big and bright evf,like my XS1,over the more usual dim and poky optical viewfinder of my previous DSLRs,I bought a Sony A65,with the upgraded Sam 2 standard zoom.
On reciept of the Sony,I was impressed not only with the feel of the camera,and the great elecronic viewfinder,but the speed in which it focussed,and the instantaneous shutter release.
The qualityof the 24mp sensor is exceptional,and quite severe cropping is easily available,whle still producing very good A4 prints,when needed.
It's loaded with features,and,for those who like video,the Sony live view is much superior to competitors,making it much easier to capture sharp,well exposed movie segments.
I have also find the built in digital zoom feature very useful,enabling you to make the standard lens extend up to 165mm,or 3x,and capture an image at 6mp,which is still capable of giving you a good,sharp print.
This can be really useful for closeups,when you can't be bothered taking your telezoom with you!
All in all the A65 is a really superb mid range camera,and apart from possibly a touch screen,has all that most keen amateurs would ever need.