- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Limited Edition
Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.
It’s not just your fellow racers you need to watch out for, as the road falls away beneath you, new routes emerge and your vehicle transforms to take advantage of the terrain. Discover alternative routes and short cuts as you perfect the course in this adrenaline fuelled dash to the finish line - racing will never be the same again.
- Dynamic Tracks: Take to land, sea & air as you race through 16 dynamically changing courses inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.
- Choose Your Racer: Race as over 20 legendary All Stars. The starting line-up has been transformed as new iconic characters from the world of SEGA join the race. What other game sees a hedgehog battle it out against a monkey, a sky pirate and an axe wielding dwarf!
- Fully Transformable Vehicles: This is no ordinary race. Each character is equipped with their own unique vehicle that can transform into a car, boat and plane to take advantage of the changing terrains. Each vehicle handles differently and players must master all three to triumph.
- Tools of Devastation: Utilise an arsenal of devastating weapons which require skill to aim, shoot, evade and block. The All-Star Moves also return, this time the more daring and stylishly you race, the more your All-Star meter increases allowing you to unleash carnage on your opponents!
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 10 player online. Journey through the All-Stars’ world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas and an incredible world tour.
- Transform into a Car: Boost and drift your way around the track.
- Transform into a Boat: Tackle dynamic rapids and huge waves to beat rivals.
- Transform into a Plane: Take to the skies to barrel roll and dogfight to victory.
Limted Edition Includes:
- Exclusive Outrun Bay Track + Challenges & Time Trials
- Exclusive Metal Sonic & Transforming vehicle + Metal Sonic Mod Pack
- Exclusive Stickers for your in-game license
Top customer reviews
So on to the good bits...
The graphics are awesome; the gameplay for the most part is spot on with really imaginative tracks and the game characters area nice balanced bunch. The Career mode is particularly well thought out with a mixture or different challenges such as drifting, avoiding traffic through to shooting a tank. The branch structure of the mode is great because it only gives you extra game characters when you earn enough stars, which means that although you can rattle through on Easy and see most things in the game (so kids and newbies can still see most of the game) it gives that feeling of reward for those willing to up the challenge a little.
The other sections the Grand Prix, Timed runs, Single race and Custom multiplayer races (especially as can do multiscreen) also are brilliantly done and so allows oodles of replay value.
The main thing for me though as a major Sega Fan-boy is to have all the Sega theme tracks and Sega characters giving a nostalgia fuelled trips down memory lane by Sumo Digital (a UK developer yay) offering a lot of Sega love.
The weaker bits... (The following are tiny and shouldn't stop you buying this great game....)
In the flying sections you sometimes lose your way which can frustrate. Also the flying sections feel a little slow until you hit the boost.
For a Sega fan boy the game roster is much weaker than the first game (all though it does include Wreck it Ralph which is great but others are a bit weird a real Nascar racer woman and two obscure characters from Nights and the like). Although there is a lot of content in the game, you can't help but feel that Sega (particularly with the characters) have held some of it back and we will be seeing DLC and extra cost real soon.
The collecting of original songs like in the first game seem to be missing this time which is a shame as I loved that in the first.
I thought it was a bit cheeky on the limited edition (you get an Outrun track and Metal Sonic character) that you have to be online to redeem the content with a code when it was clear it's all on the disk. Lots are doing this to try and reduce people buying pre owned who will lose out on this extra content.
The game is wonderful being really playable and loads for your money to enjoy. If you ever liked Mario Kart style racers or grew up with Sega you will adore this and have many happy hours racing away. As mentioned it seems a shame that the roster of racers was actually shrunk down from of the first and you feel that was less of lip service to the fan-boys and more focused on everyone else. Which I guess for most people is a good thing.
In summary buy this game either way and you won't be disappointed
-Fun as all hell to play, with or without friends
-Online and local multiplayer, up to 4 players locally
-Great character roster to choose from, though some questionable choices (Danika Patrick? Um...)
-Massive improvement from previous game
-New voice actors
-Items are few and too similar to each other
-Sometimes there can be a little too much going on at once, leading to some confusion
All in all, I'd say get this game, especially if you love racing games, or Mario Kart.
While it's not as good as Mario Kart, it is definitely a strong, enjoyable racing game, for everyone.
Most recent customer reviews