Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Playstation Vita)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation Vita
- Media: Video Game
Platform: PlayStation Vita | Edition: Limited Edition
Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.
It’s not just your fellow racers you need to watch out for, as the road falls away beneath you, new routes emerge and your vehicle transforms to take advantage of the terrain. Discover alternative routes and short cuts as you perfect the course in this adrenaline fuelled dash to the finish line - racing will never be the same again.
- Dynamic Tracks: Take to land, sea & air as you race through 16 dynamically changing courses inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.
- Choose Your Racer: Race as over 20 legendary All Stars. The starting line-up has been transformed as new iconic characters from the world of SEGA join the race. What other game sees a hedgehog battle it out against a monkey, a sky pirate and an axe wielding dwarf!
- Fully Transformable Vehicles: This is no ordinary race. Each character is equipped with their own unique vehicle that can transform into a car, boat and plane to take advantage of the changing terrains. Each vehicle handles differently and players must master all three to triumph.
- Tools of Devastation: Utilise an arsenal of devastating weapons which require skill to aim, shoot, evade and block. The All-Star Moves also return, this time the more daring and stylishly you race, the more your All-Star meter increases allowing you to unleash carnage on your opponents!
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 10 player online. Journey through the All-Stars’ world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas and an incredible world tour.
- Transform into a Car: Boost and drift your way around the track.
- Transform into a Boat: Tackle dynamic rapids and huge waves to beat rivals.
- Transform into a Plane: Take to the skies to barrel roll and dogfight to victory.
Limted Edition Includes:
- Exclusive Outrun Bay Track + Challenges & Time Trials
- Exclusive Metal Sonic & Transforming vehicle + Metal Sonic Mod Pack
- Exclusive Stickers for your in-game license
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The graphics are good (not great) on Xbox the colours were terrific and the shapes were sharp and detailed, however everything seemed a bit planar, like curved surfaces like arches and bends didn't look perfectly rounded, just a good arrangement of separate lines, a bit like what the wii does, but nowhere near as bad and dodgy looking.
The interface was pretty good and easy to figure out for the younger kids who would play this game. But what relieved me so much was that the background music is good and not something repetitive which is like a nail pierced into the brain.
So overall, brilliant game, brilliant maps and variety, good graphics and for just £20.00, to me seems like an absolute bargain!
Transformed is a typical kart racer game, requiring you to drift, boost and fight your way round various tracks in an attempt to take top spot on the podium. Similar to Mario Kart 7, SEGA have incorporated water- and air-based segments to the game where your kart will transform into a boat or a plane. Collectible boxes at certain points on the stage allow your character to acquire an unusual array of weapons that can be fired at your opponents in an attempt to slow them down or helpful items (boosts, weapon deflectors, etc) that offer an opportunity to overtake them. Whereas in Mario Kart all weapons are easily identifiable to the franchise - for example, red and green koopa shells, POW blocks, mushrooms, etc - in Transformed we get a baffling assortment of random weapons including snowballs, blowfish and hornet attacks. Yes, hornet attacks.
You start the game with a limited number of recognisable SEGA characters including Sonic, Tails, AiAi from Monkeyball and BD Joe from Crazy Taxi. As you progress through the game you will earn stars from each successful race that allows you to unlock new characters. Mostly these will be male/female variations (you can unlock a female Monkeyball character and male/female NiGHTS character variations) with the odd original character thrown in like Joe Musashi from Shinobi.Read more ›
Secondly-it plays fantastically. No obvious rubber banding, so the game is a proper challenge and satisfying to win.
Thirdly-it has a long shelf life. There are tons of tracks and race modes, combining to provide a very comprehensive career.
Fourthly, it loads quiickly and is the sort of game the vita deserves. Show your support for devs who give vita the respect it deserves-and buy this game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is amazing!
After I saw the Mario Kart 8 trailer I became hungry for a new kart racer. Read more
Bought this for my vita as growing up was a massive fan of the mario kart series and this is a really good kart racer bold and beautiful,its just a shame there are not more people... Read morePublished on 2 Dec. 2013 by dee dee
This is a good game, but finishes too quickly, I would not necessarily recommend this game to others consider the cost of the gamePublished on 12 May 2013 by May B
Awesome, looks as good on Vita as it does on XBox360 (oops, & Ps3). Fun to play & with the transformations, its like Spy Hunter (anyone who grew up in the 80's will understand),... Read morePublished on 4 May 2013 by Smiffy
Nice game. Sonic in water is a little bit hard to drive! The product came in right schedule! Thanks for the product!Published on 1 May 2013 by André Mancebo Mazzetto
This game is a must buy, it's awesome if you like racing games etc, the transforming part is a top idea.
Well worth the money and the delivery was super quick. Read more