Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (PS3)
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Limited Edition
Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. Compete across land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.
It’s not just your fellow racers you need to watch out for, as the road falls away beneath you, new routes emerge and your vehicle transforms to take advantage of the terrain. Discover alternative routes and short cuts as you perfect the course in this adrenaline fuelled dash to the finish line - racing will never be the same again.
- Dynamic Tracks: Take to land, sea & air as you race through 16 dynamically changing courses inspired by SEGA’s illustrious gaming history. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.
- Choose Your Racer: Race as over 20 legendary All Stars. The starting line-up has been transformed as new iconic characters from the world of SEGA join the race. What other game sees a hedgehog battle it out against a monkey, a sky pirate and an axe wielding dwarf!
- Fully Transformable Vehicles: This is no ordinary race. Each character is equipped with their own unique vehicle that can transform into a car, boat and plane to take advantage of the changing terrains. Each vehicle handles differently and players must master all three to triumph.
- Tools of Devastation: Utilise an arsenal of devastating weapons which require skill to aim, shoot, evade and block. The All-Star Moves also return, this time the more daring and stylishly you race, the more your All-Star meter increases allowing you to unleash carnage on your opponents!
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 10 player online. Journey through the All-Stars’ world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas and an incredible world tour.
- Transform into a Car: Boost and drift your way around the track.
- Transform into a Boat: Tackle dynamic rapids and huge waves to beat rivals.
- Transform into a Plane: Take to the skies to barrel roll and dogfight to victory.
Limted Edition Includes:
- Exclusive Outrun Bay Track + Challenges & Time Trials
- Exclusive Metal Sonic & Transforming vehicle + Metal Sonic Mod Pack
- Exclusive Stickers for your in-game license
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Sega has greatly improved the elements of the first episode, a good Mario Kart clone, into something new with a distinct personality. The transforming mechanic adds great depth to the gameplay, in a completely different way from Mario Kart 7. Here even the tracks themselves transform after each lap in clever and interesting ways. The career mode looks lenghty, and the game can be quite challenging (thankfully without the presence of unfair powerups like the infamous blue shell).
If you are into kart racing games, you should buy this game. On PS3 it's the best you can get.
The idea behind the game is solid. I like that the track will change as you race (think Motorstorm Apocalypse) and your vehicle adjusts accordingly (just like Mario Kart 8). The combination can make for some pretty cool and thrilling moments. Unfortunately the overall game didn't really live up to my expectations. It just feels like a worse version of Mario Kart in basically every way.
To be fair, the game was fun at first as I was just getting into it with friends. Split-screen is the definitely strongest element of this game. However, playing alone wasn't as much fun. The single player made is really difficult! The bots were so good that I often struggled to finish 2nd or 3rd let alone 1st! Eventually I just got a little bored and just stopped playing.
Overall it's decent, but nothing to get too excited about.
Just like in the original racer each of the characters has their own car to race in. There are some differences in the characters available this time around though. Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow, Tails, Beat, Ulala, B.D.Joe, Amigo and Alex Kidd are still here, the other racers from the original have been replaced with others. Some of the characters are unlockable and others appear ready to play like MeeMee and Ralph from Wreck it ralph.
The big difference in this game to the original is the transformations. Cars can now change into planes or boats depending on where they are on the track. The transformations are really smooth and it really makes the game more fun. It also means there's more interesting tracks such as all the flying on the NIGHTS track.Read more ›
I would say any fan of racing games or Sega games should defiantly pick a copy of this up; it's hard to put down when you do though! As a huge Sega fan since I was a kid it's no wonder I love this game as there are some nostalgic tracks based on things such as Golden Axe and House of The Dead which makes it great for the older gamer as I was a die hard fan when these games were about; whilst also including tracks from more recent games from the Dreamcast Era such as Samba De Amigo and Skies of Arcadia and those of Gamecube and beyond such as Billy Hatcher and Sonic Heroes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really good same as first one different tracks and cars amazing graphics looms like should be on ps4 eqv to Mario kart recommend. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Probably the most popular family game at our house, where the kids can outrun us old timers through the use of clever manoeuvres and devious tactics.Published 3 months ago by Stephen
This is a fantastic racing game that offers a ton of cars/karts and tracks to choose from! My son's current favourite party game is Cars 2 that has an offline 4 player split screen... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jay