on 24 July 2014
First off there seems to be a theme with Queens of the Stone age Albums with red covers, 1 moast of the cover is red, 2 Dave Grohl plays drums on the album, 3 wich is the really good part, they are insaily good. This is the album that really got the band out of the underground seen. The Track No one knows I belive still holds the record for the moast guitar riffs in a song ever and if you have not allready heard it I would do that know before reading the rest of this review...... Done? If you have liked this track then there is a strong chance you will really enjoy this album, it is a very stoner rock sounding album but it also has an undertone of Blues going on in it which really adds to the feel of this album, on a whole this is on of those album that you should at least hear before you die if you are a rock fan.
on 19 August 2017
I'm not deaf yet thankfully, this is excellent, especially "Go with the flow", one of the best rock songs ever written in my book.
on 27 September 2017
Absolutely great! Three stand out tracks but all good. Classic QOTSA!
on 6 April 2014
You're going to love this album, there is absolutely no doubt about it. Stunning vocals, hilarious radio commentary throughout (making it the perfect driving album in my opinion) and with awesome instrumentals, this is QOTSA at their all time best. Also, the fact that Grohl plays in this album pretty much tells you it's gonna be brilliant.

All the songs on the album are amazing, but some (No-one Knows, Go With The Flow, First It Giveth etc) are just simply genius.

For anyone who likes hard rock/heavy metal/stoner rock/pretty much everything in between, you will fall in love!
on 30 March 2018
Qotsa at their best. Love this album. Recommend highly to put it in your collection.
on 26 October 2002
I've only recently started listening to 'Queens of the Stone Age'. After purchasing the exceptional 'Rated R', I thought I'd give their new album a listen... and I was amazed. This really is the best rock album in years. I don't mean nu-metal, i mean rock album. Queens of the stone age are tight, loud and catchy as hell. I read some reviews on this album which say the album needs a few listens, but I personally found this album instantly addictive, AND I'M NOT EVEN A 'ROCK' fan, prefering the likes of Jeff Buckley. Another thing to note is Dave Grohl's outstanding drumming. I always considered him to be 'average' but from this album you'll see he is far from. Finally, ignore reviews which say the album recording is 'flat' and 'compressed'. The first 10 seconds of track 1 sounds that way, but that soon changes... you'll see...
16 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 September 2015
Love this album. I think this album is cursed as I have lost my last 2 copies. This is the third time I have bought it and, yes, it's gone missing again. Luckily I saved it to my hard drive when it arrived.
on 3 December 2017
fantastic album. cannot go wrong for great rock songs.
on 2 October 2017
This is a good album. It took me 15 years to find this from when Queens of the Stone Age released this. Good albums where each songs are worth a listen are not always readily available and this achieve that standard.
on 5 September 2017