- Actors: Gemma Arterton, Christopher Eccleston, Vanessa Redgrave, Terence Stamp, Anne Reid
- Directors: Paul Andrew Williams
- Format: PAL, Anamorphic, Colour, HiFi Sound, Widescreen
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Entertainment One
- DVD Release Date: 24 Jun. 2013
- Run Time: 90 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (466 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00AW9M4OY
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,783 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Song for Marion [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Song for Marion is a heartwarming comedic drama following shy, grumpy pensioner Arthur as he is reluctantly inspired by his beloved wife Marion to join a highly unconventional local choir. At odds with his son James, it is left to charismatic choir director Elizabeth to try and persuade Arthur that he can learn to embrace life. London-set, the story follows Arthur as he embarks on a hilarious, life-affirming journey of musical self-discovery. The superb British cast in Song For Marion is made up of Academy Award Winner VANESSA REDGRAVE (Julia, Atonement, Howard s End), cinema legend TERENCE STAMP (Billy Budd, The Limey, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert), GEMMA ARTERTON (Quantum of Solace, Prince of Persia, Tamara Drewe) and CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON (Shallow Grave, Elizabeth, Doctor Who).
A warm antidote to the brash noise and effects over humans approach of a modern day blockbuster movie, Song For Marion is a terrific drama. It has dark moments, moments of real humour, and a broad streak of humanity running right the way through it.
In the central role is Terence Stamp, who plays Arthur, a pensioner with no short of grumpiness to him. But then Song For Marion scratches the surface of that, and questions why. And underneath, there's the story of a man who finds himself struggling to get close to anybody. His wife, played wonderfully by Vanessa Redgrave, is ill, and his son, played by Christopher Eccleston, is distant. So Arthur is ultimately cajoled into joining a local choir, which has unexpected repercussions for him.
Headlined by Stamp, who's magnetic in a nuanced, wonderfully pitched performance, Song For Marion aims at an audience not too far removed from that of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, although tonally it's a slightly different film. But it's just as worthwhile a one, though, thanks to the strong ensemble, diligent work from writer/director Paul Andrew Williams, and a willingness never to talk down to its audience. --Jon Foster