- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
A Song from Dead Lips: Breen & Tozer 1 (Breen and Tozer) Paperback – 22 May 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Shaw skilfully re-creates an era of social turmoil and class conflict ... against a vivid background of pop culture, casual racism and Britain's involvement in the bitter civil war in Nigeria (Sunday Times)
A first-rate police thriller set amidst the seamy underside of the swinging sixties ... The totemic year of '68 will never seem the same again (C. J. Sansom)
Excellent procedural ... A gripping story, with two appealing protagonists and impeccably researched period details deployed throughout (Laura Wilson Guardian)
Convincing atmosphere, lively dialogue and a fun cop duo unite Beatlemania, English racism and the Biafran war (The Times)
Excellent (Mail on Sunday)
Superb characterisation, a vivid recreation of the era, its sights, sounds and prejudices make this a highly enjoyable and readable debut for the pairing . . . Shaw is certainly a name to note for the future and we shall see this original and likeable couple again soon (Crime Review)
Excellent ... authentic, often humorous ... The Sixties have been examined and presented every which way, but A Song From Dead Lips manages to be something fresh, both in this regard and as a detective novel (Killing Time Crime)
The first Breen & Tozer police thriller that reveals gritty sixties London in all its power and prejudice.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
DS Breen and TDC Tozer make an interesting and complementary pair based in those days of the rise of the Beatles, the far away Biafran war and the inate instutionalised sexism and racism of those times.. Set in London, but with trips to the West Country, I found this an enjoyable adventure with an intereresting sub-plot which encapsulated the attitiude of many London police officers in those days.
I enjoyed it and would like Breen and Tozer to return again.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Now on book 2 which I am enjoying
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > British Detectives
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Historical
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Political
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Series
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers