on 31 March 2013
This was recommended to me by a professional to see if it would help understand a disorder a family member has. I found the book difficult to really get to grips with, due to it phasing in and out of stories that were disjointed. It also gave a very black side to this disorder which not every suffer seems to have. If you read it, I suggest you find other books and articles to balance the scales for more concise understanding of BPD. What I wanted was information on treatments and a more practical understanding, I thought the book too jigsaw like.
on 24 January 2014
This book is an essential read for all those with Borderline personality disorder. It goes from diagnosis to giving you scenarios and then suggestions of how you might be able to deal with the problem.
I've gained a lot from reading this book.
on 31 October 2017
VERY INFORMATIVE.
on 27 March 2014
NONs may find the practical advice handy, this is a good takeaway for NONs. Overall the book is morels evil to NONs than borderlines.
on 1 February 2017
Informative and easy to read.
on 15 February 2016
Excellent
on 19 June 2015
Gave me a good insight into understanding his behavior.
on 6 June 2012
As a borderline, I found this book amazingly useful. I also used a few quotes out of the book whilst in therapy and my therapist said she used this book during her train to become a psychiatrist. I have grown out of my borderline state thanks to medication, therapy and support and I know others can too, but buying the book helps to understand who you are and not be afraid of it, x
on 5 August 2012
This book is packed with information, i have found it extremely helpful and refer to it a lot of the time. There are some scary facts and statistics surrounding BPD, but useful to know. My partner has also found this book helpful in understanding me. I recommend it for anyone with BPD or anyone who is close to anyone with BPD.
on 28 December 2011
This was the first book I read on bpd that actually helped me to articulate how I felt with my doctors. I have tried and failed previously, but finally got a secure diagnosis with the help of this book. Each aspect of the borderline personality was broken down into a manageable chunk which allowed me to identify with it entirely. A must read for newly diagnosed borderline patients, or for those dealing with a loved one with the diagnosis!
3 people found this helpful