The Something and Nothing of Death: A Book to Read Before You Die Paperback – 2 Mar 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
Written in easy to understand language, the aim of this book is to explore many different ways of looking at death and what it's presence in life means to us.
At this time with political and climatic concerns increasingly to the fore, The Something and Nothing of Death will provide a source of inspiration and comfort through enabling the reader to face the always imminent prospect of death with a new spirit of inquiry. The deep reflections offered in the text stimulate similar reflective processes in the reader and foster well-being both through increasing knowledge and understanding of death, and through the lessening of semi-conscious and unconscious fears around the subject.
From the Author
I know from my work as a psychosynthesis psychotherapist and teacher and as a group leader how powerful this material can be, and have used my experience in working with others, and my own journey with death, to write a book hopefully effective in making a positive, life-enriching change to the reader's perspective on and relationship with death.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
Barbara Brown. Author of "Qi Gong" and (published in the spring) "Looking for Doris."
Another thing - most important! The formatting on this Kindle edition is absolutely brilliant, so the book is a pleasure to read. Other Kindle users will notice the difference, I'm sure, as not all Kindle titles are up to this standard. You can see this excellence right from the preliminary pages, and all through the text. Thanks, Will!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Death & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences