Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 7 November 2014
Life is too short to accept what is just enough, life is all about holding on for the exceptional, the Something Great in life that will sweep you off your feet.
I liked Jenna, she was primarily a solid egg, living a grounded existence, and she is normal girl with a good job, good friends and a good relationship that she is happy and safe with.
But is safe enough, well Jenna is just about to find out that safe doesn’t cut the mustard anymore because when she goes to interview for a new job, she comes face to face with someone that sets her status quo on its head.
Her mystery man, has her pulse racing and that is before she has even learnt his name…. oh good!! But when she keeps bumping into him, he starts to permeate every thought and with encouragement from her friends to track him down, can she resist?
I loved the fact that the book is a journey, it is a discovery of self and an the awakening of want and desire to the point that Jenna actually begins to live her life and not just settle for what she thinks is good enough.
The story is not all smooth sailing, much like real life there are hiccups and bumps that she has to overcome along the way but that is the way that you learn and Jenna learns that she has a great group of friends and a guy that as sexy as he is completely mysterious. His aloofness just adds to the intrigue.
The story may be firmly seated in the 21st century and makes full use of all communications and option open to us today and while that was completely refreshing, this is an out and out old fashioned romance. A funny, heart stopping, all-encompassing romantic journey that glides through the ups and downs of finding love in the 21st century.
Great story.
on 7 April 2016
A feel good happy story with likeable characters you don't get too deep into the back story but I hope as the other books in the series progress they will fill in a few blanks and continue from where this book finished
on 4 March 2015
I have just finished reading the book and starting the second one now. I think max and Jenna are soon cute together
on 26 January 2014
I found this books to be a good read, not earth shattering, but nevertheless worth a read. I have recommended this to my friends, so I would say give it a go.
on 12 May 2016
Really enjoyed this book.
on 9 February 2017
Lunch buddies, Max is a considered a Playboy and Mia is a girl he meets in a coffee shop. "I've known you all my life, and every life before, if reincarnation is real. And if it is, I can say with certainty I’ve loved you all the lifetimes before this one, and never stopped loving you even after death". Who could resist those words uttered in despair - could you?
on 4 April 2017
I loved it. Great romantic story. I downloaded it for free. It was worth it. Sweet and sexy.
on 6 November 2014
3.5 Stars

Something Great is book #1 in the Something Great series by M. Clarke, this is the first book I have read by this author .

Max, Max, Max the guy definitely made an entrance and kind of bewitched poor Jenna. I definitely felt the impact they made on each other’s lives and the connection they had.

I really wish that Max would have been a bit more butch lol at times he was downright cheesy which was super cute but I prefer my men a bit more gruff!!

I liked Jenna but she was incredibly naive and innocent, what was going on with the alcohol allergy???

Drunk Jenna was absolutely hilarious and I properly laughed out loud!!

This was essentially a boss/employee relationship but it never once felt sordid or sneaky.
This was a romance on fast forward and they fell in love almost at first sight, they are a very sweet couple and the sexy was intimate and passionate.

I’m going to be honest and say that this book wasn’t quite my cup of tea, it’s a lovely love story but it wasn’t raw and intense enough to really float my boat.

I did love the interactions between Jenna and her friends, you could feel the love and sisterly bond that they shared and it made me go arrrr.

I think Matthew and Becky’s story would be an interesting one they had some serious sparks flying and I think there will be some fireworks before they found their happily ever after.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed reading this book it’s an easy, uncomplicated beach read perfect with some sunshine and a cocktail and I give it 3.5 stars.
on 14 January 2017
My friend got me this book as a gift..
(This is a New Adult romance novel recommended for ages 18+ due to sexual content and mature subject matter.)

so wow what can i say about this amazing book because i loved the whole story though this book.. I was hooked from the first chapter, i just could not put the book down because it was amazing..

The book was amazing to read and it was so hot, sweet sexy, funny and it made you want to keep reading. I loved the relationship between Jenna and Max because it was so fun to read there love grow for each other though the story of the book.

I thought that Matthew was a very funny and sassy character and very flirty around woman which i found very funny to read. I also loved the friendship between Jenna and Becky because it was nice to read that they thought of each other more like sisters than best friends and i just thought that was so sweet.

I am so in love with this book and the story so i can't wait to read the rest of the books. It only took me 3 days to read the book because i was so hooked on the writing and the amazing story throughout the book.

The author M. Clarke aka Mary Ting has done amazing job on writing this story because it was amazing to read and also it looks like the author put a lot of thought and good ideas into the story and the characters . It was a very beautiful, amazing and fun read.
I think that max and Jenna are made for each other and also i would like to see Matthew and Becky get together because they would be cute together. well done to the author for writing amazing characters for this amazing book
on 5 September 2013
I was blown away with this story .
It sucked me in from the start ,believable to end .
I love romance , steamy hot reads , bit this was different this made me want more .
I expected a lot from this book and wasn't let down the author has kept to he end of the bargain .
My bit is to share and tell people this story will rick your core leaving you wanting more
5 stars is a must
I'm hoping there a next book x