Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 26 February 2013
Capturing the innocence and naivety of that tender age between childhood and adulthood, you observe the transition with such emotive and poignant accuracy. That strongest of emotions can be often overwhelming, surprising and which dramatically shapes and defines the course of the future for all. Henry and Edna's connection is reminiscent of when we glimpse our `first love' or that individual, who incites such unfamiliar and overpowering emotions within. Beautifully captured on the page, this treasured classic is a wonderful book to behold and something that will have such a profound affect on its reader; as it speaks to the soul. Katherine Mansfield explores how such intense feelings can threaten a person's innocence, and the choice that presents itself when one contemplates on whether to remain as such or to yield to this tremendous feeling within.

"Love is too strong a word to say it too early, but it has too beautiful a meaning to say it too late"
- Quote. Unknown.

When naïve Henry catches the eye of golden-haired Edna, he is stunned by such intensity and impassioned feelings that threaten to engulf his mind in confusion. As the passion and ardor between them increases, Edna must come to the realization that she is just too young to leave her childhood behind. Moved to tears, I felt as if my heart was being ripped out of my chest as I lost myself within this absorbing story wherein two people cope with inner struggles. Heroism is sought in the main protagonist, Edna, who takes that bold step in deciding to follow her head rather than her heart.

"When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you"
- Quote. Unknown.

Highly memorable, professing truism and authenticity to the core I would highly recommend this Penguin `Great Love' to readers who enjoy romance and delight in meaningful prose.
on 8 February 2015
Delightful collection of short stories that captures the exhiliration and question filled time as we pass from childhood to adulthood and begin to understand that there is such a thing as expectation rather than simply hope