- Also check our best rated Powerline Adapter reviews
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Solwise PL-1200AV2-PIGGY 1200AV SmartLink PowerLine HomePlug AV2 Ethernet Adapter with Filtered Mains Passthrough and 2 x Gigabit Ports
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Solwise 1200Mbps Smart Link HomePlug AV2 with filtered mains passthrough socket and 2 x Gigabit Ports
- Fully featured Atheros AR7500 chipset supporting 1200AV2 SmartLink Technology to provide enhanced performance
- Push Button for SimpleConnect operation and enhanced security, LEDs and recessed Reset Button
- Package includes a single Adapter, QuickStart Guide, Utlilities CD and a Network Cable
- 2-Year warranty provided and note you need a minimum of two Adapters to start your powerline network
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Home plug is a fast and simple way to connect to the Internet with easy connection between your computers, games consoles, laptops, smart phones anywhere in your home where you have a mains socket. You need at least two home plugs to create the connection. Traditionally, one plug is connected to your Internet router, the 2nd plug is placed in the remote area, such as your lounge, study or kitchen. The Plug connected to the router, takes the Internet signal and transfers it along your mains wiring, the 2nd plug takes the signal and distributes it via the Ethernet port directly to your device. The Solwise PL1200AV2 is a Smart Link plug which means that two transmitters are able to transmit on any two of three plug pairs: Live, neutral and earth giving you cleaner connection across your mains from plug to plug. The Solwise 1200AV2 adapter also features faster processing power. The mains passthrough socket is a useful addition to this plug. The socket is filtered which makes it ideal for plugging in other power supplies which may cause noise on your mains. Often lots of power supplies in one mains extension causes noisy mains which can interfere with home plugs, using the filtered socket on the mains passthrough adapter can help alleviate this problem in your home. If you are a short of sockets this adapter is useful, plug the mains passthrough device in the wall and plug your mains extension into the mains passthrough socket. Remember, you will need at least two home plug devices to form a home plug connection. More home plug AV2 devices can be added to further share your network including the new Power over Ethernet and WiFi options as seen in the accessories above. Please note this plug is compatible with other AV products but not 85Mbps devices. It will co-exist with the 85Mbps products but not interact with them.
Single Adapter, QuickStart Guide, Utlilities CD and a Network Cable
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Things I like about these adapters are:
+ dual ethernet interfaces placed discretely at the bottom of the adapter makes for tidy cabling.
+ good docs on the Solwise website and in the box.
- the lights are super bright. In this price bracket, the TP-Link models have more discrete lighting.
- the utility that ships with these adapters to configure them didn't even find the adapters here.
I was able to auto-generate a security key to change the network passphrase. These as other HomePlug Adapters ship with a common passphrase which can lead to sharing your data with your neighbours or vice versa.
However, the biggest issue I had was the random disconnecting, where devices would just drop off the network for about 5 minutes. I tried swapping units around, and the problem continued. In the end they all got sent back and I am back to using my old Devolo units - the throughput may be slightly less, but they never ever drop off the network and I never have to power cycle them.
After doing some research online, some people have stated that the 1.2Gbps standard is more likely to be affected by noise than the older 200mbps standard, which may account for why the older units work better.
In summary, these are basically decent units as long as you don't suffer from the random disconnect problem that I had. Your own mileage may vary depending on the electrical conditions in your home, so the only way you will know if they work for you is to try them.
Most recent customer reviews
The major drawback are the very very bright pulsing lights . Unacceptable in bright rooms and not tolerable in darkened rooms.