- Paperback: 520 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (21 Aug. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521313910
- ISBN-13: 978-0521313919
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.7 x 24.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 389,814 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Solid State Physics Paperback – 21 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...covers the basic material of solid state physics with great clarity. It is particularly good on electronic properties of metals and semiconductors...This will deservedly remain a popular recommended course book for some years to come..." Contemporary Physics
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
and has problem sets.
The relationship of crystal structures
to energy and conduction can be better understood from reading this book.
That it is a classic introductory text is clear.
I'm a graduate student now and was recommended this book for a graduate level survey of materials science class. Without going too much into the mathematics, this book explains solid state physics concepts qualitatively very well. It is a great balance between Kittel and Ashcroft/Mermin and is good for people without much prior knowledge in solid state physics. After going through this book, I hope to move onto more advanced texts like Ashcroft/Mermin.