The Solar Century: The Past, Present and World-changing Future of Solar Energy Paperback – 25 Jun 2009
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jeremy Leggett is founder and chairman of Solarcentury, a solar solutions company currently the UK's fastest growing private energy company. An author and advocate for renewables in the international media, including as a CNN Principal Voice, he has been described by the Observer as "Britain's most respected green energy boss."
Top Customer Reviews
The book covers peak oil and climate change, too, and covers the economics of solar: how the price is coming down much faster than most commentators realise, meaning that "grid parity" (when solar is a cheap as conventional electricity) is only a couple of years away.
Most inspiring is the "Visions" chapter, which looks forward to a world where solar energy is contributing to everything from air quality and education in the developing world through to a smart grid where electric cars store excess solar energy in their batteries to get around the intermittence of sunlight.
Fascinating stuff for anyone interested in energy, environment, architecture or science.
This book is not unique, but at least it is well presented with lots of pictures.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Alternative Energy
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering