on 19 December 2016
A rather belated review, but that's sort of the point; I bought these lights in May 2011 (five and a half years ago as I write this) and they are still going strong. They've been out in every sort of North Yorkshire weather for the entire time. Better still, if you buy them now they're half the price they were then. And of course they haven't cost me anything to run. Can't get better value than that!
on 7 December 2017
I have bought a number of these sets of lights in the past and have often looked out of the window at past gone midnight to see them twinkling below, but even though we have had some very bright sunny days, the best I get from these lights is a couple of hours. Wouldnt buy again can only think that they have put too many lights onto the system for the solar charge to deal with.
on 22 September 2016
Very easy to put up and install, and they offer a very bright light; bright enough in the garden to easily read with.

One warning though, and I'm sure this is the same with all solar lights; get a cloudy or rainy day, and they do not charge enough to run through the darker hours..
on 9 December 2017
My solar panel is positioned high up, pointing south west and is in sun for most of the day but does not collect enough solar energy to power the lights for more than a few hours, even after a sunny day in December. It will presumably be better in the summer months but a bigger solar panel is really needed to power 120 lights in the winter.
on 18 May 2016
These lights are fabulous! There was hardly any sun on the day I strung them in my winter Jasmine, yet hours later they shone so brightly outside my kitchen window. Excellent value for money, a nice long cable. Thinkink of buying some more for the front garden.
on 9 February 2018
Hugely disappointed with this purchase. The product had been previously opened and "stuffed" back into the box. Lights and cable was a tangled mess and took approximately 20 minutes to untangle. Also there was a broken wire. Brought product to Spain for use in our garden. First night lights flickered on and off and after a few days they stopped working altogether. Threw them out.
on 15 July 2016
I thought these didn't work but after realising I needed to switch them on first (!) I'm really impressed. Therefore they didn't have long to gain much power but they produced a great twinkly effect that evening nonetheless. Even in our climate, it's fun to have these light up your garden in the summer. We've got them draped over two opposite bushes/small trees and they just make you smile when they come in to effect in the evening. They're much brighter than I thought they'd be and require zero maintenance. I could get carried away with a few more but we live quite close to an airport!!
on 16 April 2017
Great set of lights, very bright if you like lights in your garden (which my wife does).
on 29 December 2012
+ bright l.e.d. lights which brighten the garden covering the arches
- NOT SUITABLE AS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS IN BRITAIN UNLESS..
- i swapped the rechargeable batteries because they didn't work (probably due to lack of sunlight - winter) with other rechargeable`s but normal ones work just as well (remember to turn the lights off at night to save batteries power)
- the batteries themselves kept popping out so i had to hold them down with elastic bands and i had to do the same with the casing because the screws holding it together had trouble finding the holes (screws too small)

but regardless they work very well despite the few problems and my mum likes them in the garden
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 June 2014
There were a few bad reviews, however overall very postiive, so I thought I would give them a go. Really easy to set up, literally hung them were I wanted them, switched to correct mode and postioned solar panel. That evening they lit up really brightly. We have had cloud and rain for past 3 day,s with no sun at all, however lights have kept shining. Only had them up a week, however so far really pleased, will be buying more.