- Amazon Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2017 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Software Testing: An ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Guide 3rd ed Paperback – 17 Jun 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
[Of the first edition] Invaluable for anyone involved in testing and would lift the game of most VV&T staff (including designers doing their 'informal' reviews and tests) and their project managers. It is succinctly and clearly written with no non-sense. An unreserved 5 for value for money. --Brian Peaker - IT Training Magazine -- Dieser Text bezieht sich auf eine andere Ausgabe: Paperback.
About the Author
The authors are all experienced BCS examination setters and markers and know the ISTQB syllabus in depth. The editor, Brian Hambling, has experienced software development from a developer's, project manager's and quality manager's perspective in a career spanning over 30 years.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I just failed to find it very inspiring on a first read for what should be an interesting subject. So, 3 stars.
It's good on the detail of things, yet I feel it performs less well in giving a bird's-eye-view of the syllabus material.
Update: I've found the details on control flow graphs to be inadequate and have had to supplement them from other, online sources.
The book is excellant. Each chapter is well written and the mini test at the end of each chapter is very useful guide as to whether you've understood what you've learn. The final mock at the end of the book is especially useful in that it will clearly indicate whether you are ready to take the real exam.
1. Read through the whole book over a couple of weeks, doing the mini tests, reviewing the questions you inevitably answer incorrectly.
2. Re-read the book, this time using a highlighter pen to mark the important point and re-doing the mini tests.
3. Over the next few week go through the book again 2-3 times focusing on the bits that you highlighted
4. Take the mock exam. If you fail or if you only just pass the test (e.g. 70%), go through the book again for another week
5. When you get at least 80% in your mock test you are ready to take the real exam
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Testing