Software Defined Networking with OpenFlow Paperback – 25 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Siamak Azodolmolky received his Computer Engineering degree from Tehran University and his first MSc. degree in Computer Architecture from Azad University in 1994 and 1998 respectively. He was employed by Data Processing Iran Co. (IBM in Iran) as a Software Developer, Systems Engineer, and as a Senior R&D Engineer during 1992-2001. He received his second MSc. degree with distinction from Carnegie Mellon University in 2006. He joined Athens Information Technology (AIT) as a Research Scientist and Software Developer in 2007, while pursuing his PhD degree. In August 2010, he joined the High Performance Networks research group of the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering (CSEE) of the University of Essex as a Senior Research Officer. He received his PhD (with cum laude) from the Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya UPC in 2011. He has been the technical investigator of various national and EU funded projects. Software Defined Networking (SDN) has been one of his research interests since 2010, in which he has been investigating the extension of OpenFlow towards its application in core transport (optical) networks. He has published more than 50 scientific papers in international conferences, journals, and books. Currently, he is with Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG) as a Senior Researcher and has lead SDN related activities since September 2012. He is a professional member of ACM and a senior member of IEEE.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I found the technical level fine (me being CCNP) but a lot of the example, although working could have done with a little bit more explanation at that point. Though you do find out more details later.
Overall a great intro.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some additions that could have made it better:
- A section right at the start that could have:
- Explained that Open Flow is just one of the protocols under the SDN umbrella. A quick brief about other Controller-Network Element protocols would have been interesting and informative.
- Clearly articulated the separation of SDN and Network Virtualization (as it is, SDN being used as a buzzword has muddied clarity for newbies).
In addition, maybe these could have been considered:
- briefly mentioned existing (or upcoming) ISV / IHV products in this space.
- a discussion on standardization efforts around SDN (obviously Open Flow is itself one, but if there are others, it would help to know).
The next edition could contain a more in-depth 'introduction', less repetitive text and a broader coverage on the topic and tools.