- Amazon Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Social Work with Disabled People (Practical Social Work Series) Paperback – 2 Mar 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Thoroughly updated to reflect significant policy change and development, this text provides an excellent introduction to the social work role in working with disabled people
From the Back Cover
Having gone through 30 years of development, the new edition of this highly-regarded classic is the most trusted companion for understanding and promoting the potential for social work with disabled people. It offers readers a clear introduction to the core issues of disability alongside discussion and assessment of the social worker's role.
Written by an experienced and highly respected team of authors, the book reflects:
• the latest updates, developments and policy changes
• the broad range of areas needing to be understood for informed practice
• recent changes to the focus of social work education and practice
• the Social Model of Disability, encouraging debate about its role in social work
• developments for independent living
• the heightened importance of safeguarding issues, giving attention to the topical issue of disabilist hate crime.
Accessible to a broad readership and respected by disabled people themselves, this text is the foundation for effective practice.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com