Social Media Marketing For Dummies Paperback – 27 Oct 2009
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Your customers are already buzzing on social media sites; make the buzz work for you!
Social media marketing is an up–to–the–minute way to spread the word about your business. This book will help, whether you′re a small or startup operation or a big corporation looking to get closer to your customers. Identify social media sites that appeal to your target audience, evaluate niche communities, develop your voice, and measure your results.
What it is see how Twitter®, blogs, Facebook® fan pages, and YouTube® videos can enlist your customers to promote your brand
Why it works understand how consumers influence one another in social networks
Funneling the media learn how to make social media marketing a part of the marketing funnel
Find your voice identify recognizable people in your organization who can represent your brand in the social Web, yet be individual and authentic
What′s in it for them explore incentives for your customers
Measure the effect discover how to apply metrics to Facebook fan pages, viral video views, widget downloads, and tweets
You can′t fake it get familiar with social media and be sure your spokespeople are credible
Link up find out how to link your Web site to the social Web
Open the book and find:
Why social influence drives successful marketing
How to develop the right voice for social media
The big and small sites ideal for marketing
Where the influencers hang out and how to get their help
Strategies for getting employees involved
Steps for getting your message to mobile users
Ways to blend traditional marketing with social media
Best practices of the social media experts
About the Author
Shiv Singh is a hands–on marketing professional working with some of the globe′s largest corporations. Advertising Age magazine recognized him as one of the leading voices in social marketing and named him a "Media Maven" in 2009.
Top customer reviews
- It mentions a LOT of different online tools but very rarely says whether they are free or what they cost.
- There's quite a lot of duplication, with some advice being given in several different chapters.
- I would have liked more advice on how to cut through all the hype that surrounds social media marketing in order to make an informed decision on whether it is a good opportunity for a particular business or campaign.
It was a useful book but I gained less practical knowledge from it than I expected.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-commerce
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Web Marketing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics