on 30 September 2015
I bought 3 of these between 2013 and 2014. They were great. HOWEVER... The latest ones I have purchased are not SOAIY, but CAPTAINS as you will see from the attached picture. This product is inferior in build quality and works intermittently from me opening it 5 minutes ago. Couldn't be more frustrated. I will be requesting a refund. Miss sold product. Faulty product.
review image
on 19 July 2014
Arrived Friday. I plug it in to charge my iPad 4 128 GB. Doesn't CHARGE the iPad 4 128 GB. Sending the cable back because in product description it does say it charges the iPad 4 128GB.compatible with: I will sending product back asking for a full refund + postage refund too.

IPHONE 5 16GB,32GB,64GB
IPHONE 5C 16GB,32GB
IPHONE 5S 16GB,32GB,64GB
IPAD 4th 16GB,32GB,64GB,128GB
IPAD mini 16GB,32GB,64GB
IPOD touch 5th 16GB,32GB,64GB
IPOD Nano 7th 16GB
on 23 June 2017
Works great for iPad but doesn't work on iPhone! Great length though.
on 14 April 2014
As per other reviews, works no problem in my iPad Air. Seems much better made than the original that lasted less than 4 months. I wont buy Apple now on principle as it seems they have built in obsolescence to keep the cash flow going. Really a 1m badly made cable for £15 ? I will try and remember to update this review after 4 months.
Ordered Saturday arrived Monday. 10 out of 10 for that.

Update - after 3 and a half months the cable split where it joins the lightening plug. Review modified to one star as expect longer when in fact it lasted approx same time as poorly made original :( gutted, not sure what to go for next.
on 15 April 2014
Very sturdy thick wire better then cheaper ones available best quality one had or least so it seems to the eye and feels as good as it looks I will update if I get problems with this company as every other wire I have had either split or simple stopped working after few weeks packs says apple certified it does seem just like apple quality just hope it is and lasts
on 3 April 2014
Received in 2 day. Made of high quality materials a very good product.
The extra length over the one that came with iPad make it more comfortable to use if like me it's used on my lap.
on 4 August 2014
Didn't even last a week! Would have given no stars but unable to do so. Very disappointed. On the 6th day - the end snapped off inside the Ipad. Could have bought much cheaper but thought this one might actually be good quality considering it cost nearly £12! Would not recommend - very expensive and what a load of rubbish!
on 13 August 2014
Having decent reviews I bought 2 of these - 1 for me - 1 for my daughter - I thought at this price they would prove to be of decent quality... I hardly use mine but it seems ok, however within 2-weeks of using hers (daily use), my daughters has a broken connector - the outer sleeve had just come away and now the cable is unreliable -unfortunately this is 2-days after my return window expired.
The extra length of the cable is very useful but I am now waiting for my connector to break too.
I'd avoid this one and see if you can find a better one - or maybe just buy one of the cheap ones knowing it will fail within a few months but not having paid over-the-odds for it...
on 3 January 2016
I bought the 6.5 Feet cable and it was great for when im staying in hotels. The first this i noticed was it was a lot thicker than the Apple ones i have owned, but it did charge well and I wasn't expecting too much from it. It has worked well for me nearly all the time, but it's starting to fall apart a bit. I have had a good 8 -10 months use out of it so i can't complain. I would recommend it if it isn't your primary charger. I hope that someone finds this helpful!
on 28 September 2015
First bought one of these in 2014. Product did exactly what it should, was used every day and is still working now. BUT, when my niece asked to keep it I ordered three more in July/ August 2015, none of which work properly, they sometimes charge and sometimes not - the cable has to be wiggled where it connects to the plug to get the phone or ipad to start charging. Also never completes - get to 98% or so and the phone displays a message that it doesn't recognise the charger. Doesn't seem to be the same product - the soaiy name is not printed on the newer ones I bought. Advised seller product not working properly but they will not refund due to 30-day 'Amazon policy'. The money would be better put to something more reliable.