on 26 April 2017
The book was ripped on the first page and subsequent pages and the animal sounds did not correspond with the correct amimals.
on 12 January 2007
My little boy is 14 months and he loves this book. It's always the first to come off the bookshelf and as soon as page one is opened to the sound of crowing he laughs. It is bright and colourful, the pop up images are attention grabbing and the sounds make him laugh. At this age he's not listening to all the words but he is enjoying it on a different level so I'm sure the book will last as he grows.
on 29 March 2005
This is a very entertaining book combining good pop up illustrations with the appropriate animal sounds. My only reservation is what age of child is this pitched at? The pop-ups are too easily damaged for a very small child while the entertainment is too simple to hold the attention of an older child for long.
Recommended but think carefully about the child before buying.
on 22 January 2007
My 2 and a half year old loves this book and the other 3 Snappy Sounds books that I have purchased for him. The sounds encourage interaction and enable the child to recognise situations and objects. I recommend it for bedtime so that the parent can help and ensure that the books are not damaged. I am currently planning which ones out the series to buy next!
on 4 February 2010
Bought this for my 15 month old, as he loves the 'Toys' one and I wanted to get him another in the same range. We practice animal sounds quite a lot, and it helps him learn identifications! I found the book sounds rather disappointing - not very accurate or obvious 'mooos' and 'baaaas'. That sounds really petty - and otherwise the book is fun and he enjoys it! I just think the Toys one is much better, with much nicer, more accurate sound-effects.
on 12 January 2013
I look after my young grandson 2 days a week. He has this book at home & he loves it so much, I thought I'd get one too. He has some of the other Snappy Sounds books but it's this one he loves best.

It was advertised as being in top condition - sadly this was not the case. Two of the animal heads were missing, but I'd bought it cheap & it did make the sounds, so I didn't bother too much. When the one at home stopped making the animal noises, we cannibalised the heads & glued them onto mine.
on 22 August 2008
My 17 month old some was given this book as a present which I'm happy about cause it is quite expensive for a book with only 5 pages!!!

I agree with the reviewer above regarding the ages this book is aimed at too. On the one hand the noises are VERY loud and make my normally gregarious little boy jump and look worried when they go off and the pop ups are quite fragile (I've already and to fix 2) which would make it more suitable for slightly older children, but at the same time, the rhymes are very simple with only 6 lines on each page which might not be enough to keep an older childs attention.

But the pictures are bright and fun and once my son gets used to the sounds (or I take the batteries out) I'm sure he'll be more willing to read it. Maybe we can make the noises all by ourselves :)
on 10 June 2015
Ordered this book for my son.
Description said it was used but in very good cond. It arrived with a dirty and sticky front and back cover, I wiped with a detol wipe and the wipe was black afterwards. On top of this inside two of the Pop up animals heads were missing.
Very dissapointed.
on 16 February 2016
the book arrived with a damaged page, cows head missing, and no sounds from the cow either, I guess it would'nt moo without a head. Not a good purchase, plus Amazon returns would not pay sufficient postage to cover the cost of returning it, so it was a total waste of money
on 26 July 2014
Broken spine with exposed wiring from the battery, parts of the pop-up animals are missing; poor condition, not as described.