Smith & Keenan's Company Law: with Scottish Supplement: AND Scottish Supplement Paperback – 7 Apr 2005
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Smith and Keenan's Company Law
Denis Keenan and Josephine Bisacre
Smith and Keenan's Company Law is a comprehensive and clear introduction to the principles ands practice of company law. The book is well respected for its accuracy and clarity, and has now been brought up to date with case law and legislative developments since the last edition. The levels of detail and topics covered avoid excessive technical detail and are appropriate for student courses. Essential cases are highlighted, so that students are made aware of the key decisions. Objective-test questions (with answers) and essay-type questions are provided for students to test their understanding and application of principle. There is also a companion website for the book at www.booksites.net/keenan, which features regular updates to the law so that lecturers and students will remain up to date with new legislative and case developments.
This Scottish Edition of Smith and Keenan's Company Law contains a supplement for readers who are studying company law in Scotland. It highlights the principal differences between company law in England and Scotland.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Coverage of the Companies (Audit, Investigations and Community Enterprise) Act 2004;
- Major change in corporate insolvency resulting under the Enterprise Act 2002, particularly in the areas of company administration, administrative receiverships and company voluntary arrangements;
- Amendments in the thresholds for audit and accounting exemptions and changes in Companies House procedures, particularly in terms of electronic filing;
- Major rulings on company charges;
- Recent case law, including developments in financial assistance, directors' duties and conflicts of interest, directors' loan accounts, and director disqualification.
Smith and Keenan's Company Law is written for students on LL.B., business and professional courses, requiring a firm foundation in the principles of company law.
Denis Keenan is a Barrister, an experienced teacher and former Head of Department of Business Studies and Law. In addition to being author of a range of market-leading textbooks, he is also legal correspondent for Accountancy magazine and Editor of Butterworths Accountants' Legal Service.
Josephine Bisacre is a solicitor and Lecturer in Business Law in the School of Management and Languages, Heriot-Watt University.