Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

A friend of mine recommended this book, thinking that I would enjoy it as it was both a mystery and a vampire story. Although it was an odd melding of genres, I have enjoyed the Anita Blake, vampire hunter, series of books by Laurell Hamilton, so I thought I would give the book a try. As it was by an author with whom I was unfamiliar, I admit that I was prepared to be disappointed. Instead, this plot driven book, peppered with intriguing characters, moved along at a brisk pace, and I found myself reading a book that I simply could not put down!

Frank De Nardo, a former NYPD homicide detective, is now a private investigator in New York City. When he is approached by the father of a well-known author to investigate his daughter's mysterious disappearance, De Nardo unknowingly takes on a missing person's case that could have life or death consequences for him. Drawn into the shadowy netherworld of a seemingly shady, yet powerful character named Dracol, De Nardo finds himself becoming embroiled in a bizarre world that he never knew existed. As the body count mounts, the only question is who will come out on top, Dracol or De Nardo?

Those who enjoy mysteries, police procedurals, or simply vampire novels, should enjoy this fast-paced, plot driven book.
An earnest effort but if you want good, cliché free writing, engaging and well drawn characters and an interesting plot line you'll need to avoid this little oddity. Okay if you're on holiday in another country and it's the only book available in English.
on 11 July 2013
Gripping story which keeps you on the edge of your seat. A book which you cannot put down for a moment.