- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Smatree® 1290mAh Replacement battery (3-Pack) + 3-Channel charger + USB Cord for Gopro Hero 4 Camera Camcorder
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- [NOT fit for Gopro hero 5]With high-tech Japanese cells, rechargeable Li-ion batteries with 1290 mAh for longer battery life
- Rapid 3-Channel Charger allows charging 3pcs batteries for GoPro Hero 4 at once for time-saving
- Smatree batteries and charger fit for HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver models
- Smart LED light indicated RED when charging and GREEN when complete
- Contents: 3 x Battery; 1 x 3-Channel Charger; 1 x USB Cord
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Colour: 3xBatteries+3-Channel Charger
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Smatree High Capacity Li-ion Battery and 3-Channel Charger
Applied with high-tech Japanese cells, Smatree High Capacity Li-ion Batteries comes with 1290 mAh for safer and longer battery life. They are fully fit for HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver models.
Smatree 3-Channel Charger with a mini USB port supports DC power supplies. It can charge 3 batteries for GoPro Hero 4 at the same time. Three charging channels are independent of each other. You can charge two or three batteries, at the same time, or charge one battery one time. It is definitely a time-saving, space-saving and portable charger adapter.
Contents: 3 x Smatree Li-ion 1290mah Batteries
1 x Smatree Rapid 3-Channel charger
1 x USB charging Cord
All items come with a 2-year manufacturer warranty. Smatree®
If for any reason you are unhappy with any product by Smatree® please do not hesitate to contact us. We take full ownership and responsibility for the quality of our products and will do our very best to solve your problem quickly and efficiently! Smatree® is a registered trademark protected by US Trademark Law. Smatree® products are sold by authorized sellers only.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
There are many batteries and battery backpacks out there to choose from, but in my opinion Smatree replacement batteries will be the best option to go for.
You may ask me why?
-First of all, it comes in eco-friendly packaging (see it yourself in the photos provides by me)! If you are a green geek like me, you will start to fall in love in these tiny little batteries before you open the box.
-As usual for Smatree you get excellent designed battery, which fits your GoPro without any trouble.
-Another thing to consider is they last longer!! How is that? I don’t know. Magic probably, some fairies sprinkled some magic powder on the production line and boom…. Batteries lasts longer than original GoPro’s one.
-Price tag… Look at this price and then compare it to GoPro site. Yep you done here. Already ordered Smatree? Great :)
-Charging three batteries at the same time – it just keep getting better.
-Designed to be small (I compared it to standard lighter) and portable, build quality surprised me in positive way.
I will order some more replacement batteries from Smatree, only because they do an awesome job!
So if you want to get more batteries for your Hero 4 and I bet that you do! It is more convenient, because you don’t have to charge your single battery while you are on the road.
One little drawback, when I bought them they didn't come with wall charger, car charger, UK and European plug. I wish I could have it.
Anyway, whoever took his time to read this review, thank you for doing that and hope you will have a wonderful time with your Smatree batteries.
Whilst I was initially very pleased with this charger and batteries I realised that the charger can damage the battery contacts and the battery contacts are of rather poor quality.
Refer to photo - move cursor over to enlarge (Smatree battery on left with damaged +ve contact, GoPro original on right).
Each of the three contacts on a Hero 4 battery is made up of a pair of contact 'fingers' which point along the side of the battery. When a battery is inserted into the camera the 3 rounded contacts in the camera battery compartment open the contact fingers of the battery from the front and slide between them and make good electrical contact. When the battery is inserted into the Smatree charger, however, the square, blunt contacts of the charger enter the fingers from the side (from top in photo), i.e. 90 degrees to the way the fingers point and open. This has resulted in both Smatree batteries supplied having their contacts bent over. The Smatree battery contacts are very crude by comparison to those of the official battery and appear to be made of softer, less springy metal.
When a battery with a damaged contact is then inserted into the camera there is a good chance that a poor electrical contact is made between the battery and the camera. This might explain why many reviewers have complained of one or more batteries failing to power up the camera after a short time. A battery with damaged contacts would also most likely fail to charge again.
My recommendation is not to buy the Smatree charger or batteries. Note that with the official GoPro battery charger the contacts appear to enter the battery contacts in the correct way, as they do in the camera.Read more ›
Packaging and Quality
- The batteries and charging kit come well packaged in environmentally friendly packaging. Delivery was fast using the basic super saver delivery.
- The accessories are made from high quality plastics and feel durable.
- The batteries are 1290 mAh rated as opposed to the GoPro original which are 1160 mAh. This means that the Smatree batteries actually last longer than the original GoPro batteries; this certainly seems to hold true. Users of the GoPro will know that the camera is power thirsty, depending on the settings used, therefore it is essential to have spare batteries available to prevent missing shots.
-The quality of the batteries themselves appear to be similar to the Original GoPro battery. They fit snugly in the camera and the charger.
- The GoPro camera is designed to charge the battery internally using the USB connection. This means that the camera is usually removed from its protective housing during charging periods and only one battery at a time can be charged. This is restrictive if (as mentioned above) several batteries are used on a daily basis. Smatree have hit a winner here by providing a charger that holds 3 batteries, you can charge the Smatree batteries and the original GoPro battery simultaneously. This is an extremely useful feature and shouldn't be overlooked. The charger has small LEDs that indicate when each individual battery has been fully charged, again useful when charging multiple batteries (see attached photo).
-The charger is good quality and the batteries clip into it securely.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
great, they are literally the same as the go pro ones for a fraction of the pricePublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
Reliable cheap batteries for GoPro. Great replacements or good for when your just need that back up powerPublished 12 days ago by greg
Worked well until I lost the go pro!
Would bother with the originals, at this price you can't go wrong
Fantastic product. Bought it for our holiday in The Philippines where we did canyoneering. We needed to stock up on the batteries and we found that these lasted longer than the... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Amazon Customer