on 2 March 2011
I found this book really useful, as my son is a profoundly dyslexic reluctant reader and he also suffers from anger issues. We started out by looking at the pictures on the right-hand pages and reading the speech bubble text on them. These tell the story of a 'troubled' boy who becomes aware that his behaviour is not acceptable in normal society and finds a way to deal with it. After a while, we progressed to reading the narrative text on the left-hand pages as well, and have since been able to take it a stage further, by discussing the book, and comparing the story's issues with those that my son has. I think it has helped him see that he can control and channel his anger into positive avenues.
on 24 February 2015
Good and easy read for kids - gets message across.
on 24 February 2013
An excellent counselling story for enabling exploration of the difficult experiences, lack of self esteem and attachment issues an angry teenager may be trying to deal with.